Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #361
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
So, I have some experience stripping DRM. I've done it from PDB, MOBI, and EPUB. I'm working now on Kindle Topaz. I do not understand the directions that I have found. Specifically what to do with this line:

cmbtc_dump.py -d -o TARGETDIR [-p pid] YOURBOOKNAMEHERE

Do you do this in commandprompt, just like for pdb or mobi books? I'm not getting it to work at all. Not even an error message. It just takes me back to my command prompt:

c:\python26

Any help would be appreciated

Do you have Kindle4PC installed on the same machine?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #362
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
> I just have to convert (using imagemagick or illustrator or inkscape or whatever) the Monogram and Table svgs that get generated into PNG/JPEG so I can create an ePub out of the data.

I thought that svg was part of the epub spec? As long as they are not animations, I thought svg graphics did not need to be converted to png or jpeg when used in epub?

At least that is what the Mobileread Wiki says. I will make one and see if it works on my Sony reader.

Thanks,

Kevin
does it work on a sony reader the same way?
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #363
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Do you have Kindle4PC installed on the same machine?
Yes, I have Kindle for PC, I don't own an actual Kindle.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #364
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm, you might try leaving out the pid part, if you haven't already. I don't have k4pc so don't know much more than that.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #365
Drak Bibliophile
Drak Bibliophile began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
By the way for this command "cmbtc_dump.py -d -o TARGETDIR [-p pid] YOURTOPAZBOOKNAMEHERE", what is "-d" and "-o"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmm, you might try leaving out the pid part, if you haven't already. I don't have k4pc so don't know much more than that.
Drak Bibliophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #366
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak Bibliophile View Post
By the way for this command "cmbtc_dump.py -d -o TARGETDIR [-p pid] YOURTOPAZBOOKNAMEHERE", what is "-d" and "-o"?

Just run cmbtc_dump from a command prompt for usage info list.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #367
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Any work going on with "Kindle for Mac"?

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:45 AM   #368
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak Bibliophile View Post

You can check for the latest script versions, on that website that I shall not name here. All windows, no command line anymore. I converted 2 of my books, results are pretty good.

Last edited by HansTWN; 03-31-2010 at 03:53 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #369
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

For those interested in a similar thing for Kindle for Mac (K4Mac):

You might want to google "Dark Reverser's New Blog" and go all the way to the end or google "ApprenticeAlf" and check in the comments under the appropriate category.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote