Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #16
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Of my 180+ ebook purchases almost all of them have been from Fictionwise and this has happened to me a few times. Namely on one of the Harry Turtledove "World War" books, a James Patterson "Alex Cross" book and one of Charlaine Harris's "Southern Vampire Mysteries" books (can't remember which ones...if I had to guess I'd say Book 1, Book 1 & Book 5).

Each time I emailed Fictionwise. They responded that they would contact the publisher to see if a new edition was available. They emailed me back a couple of times to say they were still waiting to hear from them and when they (of course) did not, Fictionwise refunded my money (or Micropay...which ever I used).

Fictionwise is a great company and very responsive to customer concerns. I'm sure you'll have no problem (although I bet with the Overdrive issue going on right now, they may be getting lots of support request emails and response time may be longer). Let us know what you hear from them.

Last edited by vsalvaggio; 01-10-2009 at 03:57 PM.
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
Each time I emailed Fictionwise. They responded that they would contact the publisher to see if a new addition was available. They emailed me back a couple of times to say they were still waiting to hear from them and when they (of course) did not, Fictionwise refunded my money (or Micropay...which ever I used).
I've heard from Fictionwise now. They've confirmed the problem and have written to the publisher, so my confidence in them is renewed.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #18
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasym View Post
I would be interested to hear how you get on with Fictionwise. I know lots of people here say they are a good company to deal with, but I've contacted them twice now about unacceptable typos in an ebook I purchased from them and have received no replies. I'm glad I didn't take out the membership they were pushing at the time I bought the book.

Dave
Sorry I'm late getting back; I haven't been on the forum for a while.

I got a polite and gracious email back from Fictionwise, saying that they had got the book from Mobipocket and had not control over the quality. And even though I had said in my email that I wasn't asking for redress they refunded the cost of the book into my Micropay account.

But I got no reply to a second email thanking them for the rebate and pointing out that it would be to their advantage not to sell trashy ebooks, especially when the book says Fictionwise is the publisher.

I asked the Fictionwise lady to pass on my concerns to Mobipocket.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #19
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
The book I'm having the problem with is published by Penquin, so we'll see what luck Fictionwise have getting a reply.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #20
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasym View Post
I would be interested to hear how you get on with Fictionwise. I know lots of people here say they are a good company to deal with, but I've contacted them twice now about unacceptable typos in an ebook I purchased from them and have received no replies. I'm glad I didn't take out the membership they were pushing at the time I bought the book.

Dave
I'm sorry, I'm thought I'd responded a couple of days ago, but maybe it went astray.

I got a polite and gracious email back from Fictionwise, and though I made it clear that I wasn't look for redress they gave me a rebate on the book.
They said that they'd got the book from Mobipocket and had no control over the content.

But they did not respond to my second email to the effect that the book indicated that it was published by Fictionwise, and that it was not in their best interests to have such a trashy book over their imprimatur.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #21
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i just got my first book from fictionwise with more than a few typos. it's a jim butcher novel - not a dresden one - and there are words run into each other many times in each chapter. luckily i'm an uncritical reader as long as it's easy to understand without thinking about it, but i should email fictionwise and let them know...
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I just got a full refund from Fictionwise on a Secure Mobipicket book with "hard" page breaks inserted. This made reading on my Palm device very annoying, because I would often turn a page and end up with a one-line, or two-line full page. But I didn't ask for a refund--I asked if they had any influence with the publisher to get them to fix the book.

And this was right in the middle of the whole Overdrive fiasco, so needless to say, I am EXTREMELY happy with Fictionwise's customer service.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i just got my first book from fictionwise with more than a few typos. it's a jim butcher novel - not a dresden one - and there are words run into each other many times in each chapter. luckily i'm an uncritical reader as long as it's easy to understand without thinking about it, but i should email fictionwise and let them know...
You just reminded me that I loved the show Dresden Files and that I need to check out the books.

I'm so upset they canceled it Plus they never replay it (my tivo is on high alert).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote