Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thumbs up Fictionwise "Buywise" club better than free at present - NOW ENDED

In renewing my membership, I've just discovered that Fictionwise's "Buywise" club is effectively "better than free" at present. Not only do you get a 100% Micropay rebate for the $29.95 one year membership (if bought with Paypal or a credit card), but you also get a voucher for a free eBook worth up to $10.

Has to be a bargain!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Thanks for the heads-up, just went and joined, thanks
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
GingerTez
Stroppy Ginger Scotsman
GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I registered when I got my reader a couple of weeks ago but didn't join the 'Buywise' club at the time.

A week later I got an email saying:

You are one of a small percentage of Fictionwise customers selected for a special offer today

The deal is as described in the original post...

I'm disappointed that I'm not actually 'specially selected'

There is a point to this post... the email that I received also said that the offer ended on 18th September... so hurry!

Cheers,
Terry.
GingerTez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
arg !! fictionwise contact !!!

ok, possibly i have not had enough coffee yet today but i cannot for the life of me find an email address or other online form to contact fictionwise directly. all i get is faqs ("just the faqs ma'am"), even when i click specifically on the link "Still need help ? Online database; Contact Customer Support". the online database is there, contact customer support i do not see.

i'm very tempted to take advantage of this offer but if i do, the first book i want to buy is City by Alessandro Baricco. BUT, fictionwise only has this available in secure mobipocket, whereas booksonboard has it in LIT, which (as an eb1150) is really the only commercial format i'm at all interested in.

could someone please give me a fictionwise customer support email address so i can ask them if they plan to start selling the LIT format of this book anytime soon ? there's no point in me joining if i end up buying half my books at BoB.

(if it turns out this email address is printed in bright red letter 300px high on the first page of the site, i apologize, and confirm that i have not had enough coffee yet today).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I've gone through that with fictionwise before. There have been a couple of books I wanted, and they didn't have them in .lit format. I ended up buying them from ebooks.com, or some other site that did have them in .lit format. Eventually (after an additional month or two, they had the .lit format) The explanation I got from fictionwise (via email) was that there is a difference in the licensing that fictionwise has versus what some other sites have. They basically made it sound like the other sites are paying more for a slightly different license.

I know that doesn't help, but all I can say is that they will probably have the .lit format, but it will take a while.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I got that deal when renewing too, never saw an email about it but I didn't exactly complain!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
I've gone through that with fictionwise before. There have been a couple of books I wanted, and they didn't have them in .lit format. I ended up buying them from ebooks.com, or some other site that did have them in .lit format. Eventually (after an additional month or two, they had the .lit format) The explanation I got from fictionwise (via email) was that there is a difference in the licensing that fictionwise has versus what some other sites have. They basically made it sound like the other sites are paying more for a slightly different license.

I know that doesn't help, but all I can say is that they will probably have the .lit format, but it will take a while.
well, thank you, that is actually rather helpful (although discouraging for someone as impatient as me), however you mention getting a reply via email, HOW DID YOU CONTACT THEM ???? seriously, maybe i'm just stupid today but i can't find a contact address anywhere. please, somebody, tell me the email !!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
arg !! fictionwise contact !!!

ok, possibly i have not had enough coffee yet today but i cannot for the life of me find an email address or other online form to contact fictionwise directly. all i get is faqs ("just the faqs ma'am"), even when i click specifically on the link "Still need help ? Online database; Contact Customer Support". the online database is there, contact customer support i do not see.

i'm very tempted to take advantage of this offer but if i do, the first book i want to buy is City by Alessandro Baricco. BUT, fictionwise only has this available in secure mobipocket, whereas booksonboard has it in LIT, which (as an eb1150) is really the only commercial format i'm at all interested in.

could someone please give me a fictionwise customer support email address so i can ask them if they plan to start selling the LIT format of this book anytime soon ? there's no point in me joining if i end up buying half my books at BoB.

(if it turns out this email address is printed in bright red letter 300px high on the first page of the site, i apologize, and confirm that i have not had enough coffee yet today).
I've requested that Mobi2IMP have the ability to use Mobi2OEB and it seems like that is going to happen. So it means that if this eBook you want is hiffdic compressed you'll be able to convert it using Mobi2IMP. And if it's not, you'll be able to use Mobi2IMP as it is now. However, you'll need to remove the DRM first.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, thank you, that is actually rather helpful (although discouraging for someone as impatient as me), however you mention getting a reply via email, HOW DID YOU CONTACT THEM ???? seriously, maybe i'm just stupid today but i can't find a contact address anywhere. please, somebody, tell me the email !!!!
1. Login
2. Help
3. Online Database; Contact Customer Support
4. Select a question
5. Get More Help
6. Fill out the form with your question(s)
7. Submit
Done
Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
1. Login
2. Help
3. Online Database; Contact Customer Support
4. Select a question
5. Get More Help
6. Fill out the form with your question(s)
7. Submit
Done
thanks, sheesh, they could make it a little easier to find you would think.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I didn't have much of an issue to find the contact form. But then, I know the sorts of places it's usually hidden.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I don't see that as a new member
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I don't see that as a new member
My apologies if it's some kind of restricted offer - I had no indication that that was the case. Note that the site didn't tell me that it was free; I just got the indication of the Micropay rebate when I added the 1 year membership to my "shopping basket".
Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #14
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Nevermind I do see it now... I was trying to be greedy and go for five years

Last edited by GatorDeb; 09-14-2008 at 12:02 PM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It showed "$29.95 micropay rebate" in the cart for me. Sorry - perhaps it does only apply if you're already a member; I didn't know that, as I said. It was only the 1 year membership which had the rebate - I tried the others and they didn't have it.