Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Jason_54
Jan from Holland
Jason_54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Request: ABC bar for quick search author

When dealing with a large number of books, there are several ways to find the right book/author. I think it would be a nice feature if there was the possibility to show a ‘ABC bar’ (for instance between the book list and the metadata) to quickly jump to the first author whose name starts with the chosen character.
Jason_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_54 View Post
When dealing with a large number of books, there are several ways to find the right book/author. I think it would be a nice feature if there was the possibility to show a ‘ABC bar’ (for instance between the book list and the metadata) to quickly jump to the first author whose name starts with the chosen character.
It exists: It is part of the Tag browser.
It is easiest to use when the sections have been collapsed (the minus next to find) to the basic Tags categories.
Click the > in front of Authors now you have your ABC list

Click on the > and the just the list expands
Click on the title and that range Searches and will show in the spreadsheet (slower)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
Jason_54
Jan from Holland
Jason_54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Super, never noticed it there! Most of the times I don't use the Tag Browser because it takes al lot of the screen. I'll change my behaviour... ;-)
Jason_54 is offline   Reply With Quote