nook simple touch bad half rooted

hello everybody

i m from india
i bought nook simple touch from ebay
my nook is 1.0.0 and has serial no is 3012820024713003
i m outside usa and don't have credit card so i cannot register it
i bypassed registration system with skip oobe method then
i don't have access to wifi connection

i rooted my nook with touchnooter 1.6.24. my nook is splashing screen rooted forever and there is android os installed in it. . I tried the adb on usb method as described in nookdev forum.I first downloaded the driver mentioned in it and android sdk platform tools. i inserted the path in system variable also.when i plugged in the nook i see two removeable disk in (my computer). i cannot open them. i also saw in device manager but i couldnot see adb device . please help what should i do as i m not expert in computer. I only want to sideload ankidroid software and its card decks in it.If there is another method please advice . i desperately need this software as it is essential for my studies. thanks in advance
bhartesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartesh View Post
hello everybody
please help what should i do as i m not expert in computer. I only want to sideload ankidroid software and its card decks in it.If there is another method please advice . i desperately need this software as it is essential for my studies. thanks in advance
You might find some pointers at my post here.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
hello everybody

i m from india
i bought nook simple touch from ebay
my nook is 1.0.0 and has serial no is 3012820024713003
i m outside usa and don't have credit card so i cannot register it
i bypassed registration system with skip oobe method then
i don't have access to wifi connection

i rooted my nook with touchnooter 1.6.24. my nook is splashing screen rooted forever and there is android os installed in it. . I tried the adb on usb method as described in nookdev forum.I first downloaded the driver mentioned in it and android sdk platform tools. i inserted the path in system variable also.when i plugged in the nook i see two removeable disk in (my computer). i cannot open them. i also saw in device manager but i couldnot see adb device . please help what should i do as i m not expert in computer. I only want to sideload ankidroid software and its card decks in it.If there is another method please advice . i desperately need this software as it is essential for my studies. thanks in advance
You don't need a credit card to register. I would recommend you master clear it and start over, creating an account this time and skipping the credit card section.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
bhartesh
bhartesh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
can u please illustrate how to register nook without credit card
one more thing can i do it without wifi

thanks in advance

Last edited by bhartesh; 07-25-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Is there any way you can get wi-fi at a library, university, cafe, walking around a mall looking for a free signal, or something? I don't think you can register properly without it.

When you do register, it will give you the option to skip the credit card step.

If it were me, I would restore it to stock, e.g. using Touch-Formatter (which would change it to firmware 1.1. also), then root using the appropriate TouchNooter. The "manual" method with adb seemed too tricky to me (though I am sure it is not that hard once you understand it). Then you could transfer apks over using a USB cable.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
bhartesh

in india there are no public wifi spots. i was thinking can i update firmware without registering .please advice
Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
in india there are no public wifi spots. i was thinking can i update firmware without registering .please advice
For how to do that, the XDA Developers forums might have information, if it is possible. But if there is any wifi anywhere you could maybe ask to use it for one minute. Or maybe buy a USB wireless adapter, then immediately return it and get your money back...
Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
You can't register without WiFi access. If you skip OOBE your battery life will be shot to hell.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
bhartesh

i m trying to get wifi access . I m going outside for one day .So i may get late in response .I will disturb all you helping guys tommorrow
Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
bhartesh

hi everybody
i m in my friend's place who is in another city .Fortunately i was having my nook with me and he has got wifi. i Finally registered my nook with bn .I m wondering about the fuss made of registering.its so easy .there is no mentioning of country specific (usa) and no credit card is required. i also updated my software to 1.1.2.
i have created a backup of my nook with windisk ( creating virtual hard disk of physical disk). Now please direct me to the right direction of rooting it with most easy setup. my os is win xp
thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
Mujokan
Connoisseur

http://nookdevs.com/Nook_Simple_Touch/Rooting
lol
Old 07-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
bhartesh

hello everybody
my nook is now registered
. i first followed the cwm method.i burned the 2gb cwm img file on my sd card then copy beta5 two zip files . i inserted the card in nook and turned it on. surprisingly nothing happened. nook went on normally and no rooting done.i then switched to nook devs mr gabriel method. i downloaded 2.1.31 and burned it in card.after inserting i started on nook .the online instructions cam and then after 2 minutes the nook page started but my nook hanged.i somehow managed to switch off nook by pressing power and right side to side buttons. i again tried to do it but to no gain. i deregistered and again registered the device and then downloaded the touchnooter 1.6.24 image and then repeated the process. rooted forever screen comes but my nook again hangs . i have updated my nook to 1.1.2 but now even after deregistering and registering my nook is not downgrading to 1.0.0 firmware. i m again stuck .please guide what should i do
thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #13
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Glad you figured out the registering!
For anyone else wondering:
You do not need to put any credit card details in to register a Nook. You can do it from anywhere in the world, and you don't need to use VPN or anything to register the device. You do need to use WiFi, but once the device is registered you never ever have to use WiFi on it again! You can sideload your material with for example Calibre.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
Mujokan
Connoisseur

TouchNooter 2.1.31 should work with the 1.1.2 firmware.

The most likely thing is that you didn't follow the instructions EXACTLY. Read every sentence five times. If you do anything different to the instructions, it won't work. Including the instructions it displays on the Nook screen.

If it still doesn't work anyway, what I would do is try TouchFormatter. However, this will get rid of your registration. Then after that, start again with TouchNooter.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
bhartesh

hello everybody
i tried touchnooter method but to no avail. as mentioned i wrote cwm 2 gb img file on sd card and then also copied recovery zip file on card.but surprisingly cwm is not showing up and my nook is running as usual. when i press both lower buttons while read forever screen then factory reset option appears. i m missing something that i don't know.i have deregistered my nook atleast thrice and tried this method but no use. please help is their any way i can do it. i wish i could copy android os directly on nook and it runs ha ha ha .please help
thanks in advance

p.s i was thinking if i should first downgrade the software to 1.0.0 and then root .please guide on this possibility

Last edited by bhartesh; 07-28-2012 at 01:55 PM.