Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i met the ceo of liquavista himself and interviewed him 2-3 years ago at CES and held working video capable color liquavista displays in my hand. they exist and can actually be built mostly with existing lcd manufacturing processes with a slight twist. getting someone to setup production for a big run is another conversation. initial yield is the big obstacle as it is with mirasol. yield has to be out of the gate on par with traditional lcd or orders will be slow in coming

it was CES 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cPuf1Ns5k
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i met the ceo of liquavista himself and interviewed him 2-3 years ago at CES and held working video capable color liquavista displays in my hand. they exist and can actually be built mostly with existing lcd manufacturing processes with a slight twist. getting someone to setup production for a big run is another conversation. initial yield is the big obstacle as it is with mirasol. yield has to be out of the gate on par with traditional lcd or orders will be slow in coming

it was CES 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cPuf1Ns5k
And that was nearly three years ago. I have high hopes for the quality of the display when it appears. Mirasol was, I'm told, very disappointing in that respect, with a poor range of viewing angles.

Now that they are a subsidiary of Samsung, I don't think there'll be a problem getting space at an LCD plant to make their displays when they have a commercial order.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yes and thats what they were struggling with at the time. going from a start up test line they had built themselves to finding space for full scale production. a year later or so was when they were acquired by Samsung and now a year or so later Im sure its just waiting for a chance to show what they can do with a full production line- if Samsung is really interested in moving forward right now.

on a side note- im not one who is generally touting the environmentally friendly aspects of things but the colored dies they use to create color displays are quite benign/safe. no harsh acids or poisonous materials etc
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #19
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Exactly my thoughts. Why didn't they release a video of a prototype or whatever. Seeing it in action is what we want !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
That display looks like it would be cool. I'd like to see a video of it in action.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote