Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Euclid
Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 902
"mark as read" not working

Hey, guys. I have a PocketBook Pro 902 with firmware 2.0.4 and fbreader180. When I do a long click on an ebook in my library to mark it as "read," nothing happens (a little ribbon used to appear over the ebook's icon that would tag it as having been read). Any ideas how to fix this?

I thought maybe the part of the firmware that makes the ribbon show up went corrupt, so I reinstalled the firmware and still no joy.

Last edited by Euclid; 08-24-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: more information
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It's just a guess, but it sounds like the book database has probably got corrupted somehow. Does the marking/clearing work on other books?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Euclid
Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thank you, rkomar. Given the way I use the device, a corrupt database seems likely.

For a few months now I only use the device to read Calibre news files (.epub), which I manually copy to my SD card a bunch at a time. Once they are all read, I delete the files and copy "new news" onto the card. Would using the device this way mess up the "book database"? If so, can I recreate the database? Also, how should I move the files around in such a way that the database is not corrupted?

P.S. The marking/clearing doesn't work on any of my files, which are all subject to the same treatment (as above).

Last edited by Euclid; 08-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Euclid

Problem solved, rkomar. I was copying only the .epub files to my SD card. Now I tried copying the entire calibre folder and contents from my computer to the SD card on the PB902, and the "mark as read" is functioning normally. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Removing books via the Library app Delete menu item seems to be safe (i.e. it updates the database with the deletion information). I know that deleting books from USB mounted drives often corrupts the database (because it doesn't know that the book has been removed from the device that way). I'm not sure that your ftp sync'ing won't ultimately cause the same corruption problems. If everything you update is in a single directory, then it might be best to delete that directory using the Library Delete menu item first before copying the updated files after. You just have to select the directory, hold down the round button, and choose Delete in the File menu.

Edit: I should mention that you can use Configuration>Maintenance>Clean_state to remove information about deleted books from the database. However, it also clears all bookmarks and resets the Configuration options back to the default settings, so it's a bit of a pain to get things back to the way they were afterwards if you customized a bunch of things.

Last edited by rkomar; 08-24-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added note about fixing corruption.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert