Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Kobo DVD Case - Insert Template

If you're making a case for your Kobo out of a DVD case, then you might like this.

Attached is a simple Mac Pages document - an insert for DVD cases. Front cover has the Kobo logo and a picture of the Kobo, and the back side has a "Please return to ... " name and address (but that, obviously, can be edited as you wish ... unless you want your eReader returned to ME ... (g)).

Well, this messageboard doesn't like ",pages" docs as uploads, so please download the 225kb document from ...

http://tinyurl.com/kobo-dvd
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
That URL just downloads to my computer but won't open. Any tips?
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

It should have downloaded a file entitled, kobo-dvd-mac (1).pages to your system. Look wherever downloads go on your system. Are you using a Mac?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I saw the list of files. What format they are? I hesitate to
do anything further before knowing that.
Aside, if you say dvd cover might play as a reader cover,
I'd make one, for sure. Just to find one.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... What format they are?

IT is exactly what I stated it was: a Mac Pages document. For Mac users. Who use the word processing program, Pages.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... What format they are?

IT is exactly what I stated it was: a Mac Pages document. For Mac users. Who use the word processing program, Pages.
Not me. How to see it on unix?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@ clintbradford I'm a Mac user without Pages, and I know there's plenty of Windows and Linux users out there. How about printing to a pdf that Pages document. Then everyone can use it.

P.S. That's an interesting idea putting a Kobo inside a DVD cover.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Quote:
If you're making a case for your Kobo out of a DVD case, then you might like this.

Attached is a simple Mac Pages document - an insert for DVD cases. Front cover has the Kobo logo and a picture of the Kobo, and the back side has a "Please return to ... " name and address (but that, obviously, can be edited as you wish ... unless you want your eReader returned to ME ... (g)).

Well, this messageboard doesn't like ",pages" docs as uploads, so please download the 225kb document from ...

http://tinyurl.com/kobo-dvd
Only 10% of computer users use a Mac. You should upload it as a .doc also. I know for sure you can save it as that in Pages.
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

The statement "IT is exactly what I stated it was" made me lose interest.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
P.S. That's an interesting idea putting a Kobo inside a DVD cover.
Not fancy but it works perfectly, and is precisely the right size. Just get a utility knife or chainsaw or something and remove the protuberant bits on the inside of the case.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

WRENN1>> ... The statement "IT is exactly what I stated it was" made me lose interest.

I know what you mean. I mean, I originally wrote ...

"Attached is a simple Mac Pages document ... "

... and I receive an inquiry of ...

"What format they are?"

But instead of losing interest, I'll probably research it a bit, and find a suitable template for those stuck in Windows (grin).
Old 08-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
zoran
himself

Quote:

"Attached is a simple Mac Pages document ... "

... and I receive an inquiry of ...

"What format they are?"

But instead of losing interest, I'll probably research it a bit, and find a suitable template for those stuck in Windows (grin).
Sorry to interrupt the conversation.
I'm not on win, so cannot find myself on the sentence above.
Still, I will not do further steps, since I lack the possibility to
open the container of whatever it is. There comes to light that
using open formats and standards let people rich every post
on the forum.
Since we all get the point what to do, no more tutorials needed.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
wrenn1
Addict

"Sorry to interrupt the conversation.
I'm not on win, so cannot find myself on the sentence above.
Still, I will not do further steps, since I lack the possibility to
open the container of whatever it is. There comes to light that
using open formats and standards let people rich every post
on the forum.
Since we all get the point what to do, no more tutorials needed."

This reads like poetry. I love it. You shine Zoran (which only emphasizes the dullness around you).
Old 08-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #14
zoran
himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
This reads like poetry. I love it. You shine Zoran (which only emphasizes the dullness around you).
You should hear me after some plum brandy!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #15
Kindle Addict
kindict
Kindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, Kobo, iPad, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
You should hear me after some plum brandy!
Sljivovica? Ugh - drank too much many years ago, just brought back a bunch of bad memories!
Kindle Addict is offline   Reply With Quote