Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MRBC: January 09 book vote - Please vote for TWO only.
"The Mote in God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle 7 14.58%
"The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells 12 25.00%
"1632" by Eric Flint 11 22.92%
"Little Fuzzy" by H. Beam Piper 7 14.58%
"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson 11 22.92%
"I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov 8 16.67%
"The Time Traders" by Andre Norton 13 27.08%
"Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein 9 18.75%
"Neuromancer" by William Gibson 7 14.58%
"Red Mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson 5 10.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 AM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPigg View Post
Dammit - arrived too late to give Snow Crash that crucial vote. Aargh!
However, on the brighter side (and I may step on toes here but it's only my opinion) good to see Red Mars bringing up the rear. I thought it was one of the dullest books I've ever read and put me off Kim Stanley Robinson for life. I really disliked that book and there are two sequels too.
I'd safely have it in the Ten Worst Books I've Ever Read list.
you know we've got a thread for that...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:50 AM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You really need to read the Mars "Trilogy". It's certainly not "action-based", but I think that the character development in it is excellent, and it's very well worth reading. It's certainly a "thinking person's" book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #63
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am looking forward to reading Time Traders. But, I think I will be adding all of these to my to read list. Except Neromancer, already read that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #64
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
So what's the deal here? We all read the book by the end of January and then a thread is created to talk about it in February?
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #65
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
So what's the deal here? We all read the book by the end of January and then a thread is created to talk about it in February?
Yup Gives people time to read the selected book.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #66
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The discussion starts the last week of the month.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote