Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #271
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Device: Kobo Touch
I just noticed the same "problem" wit my "cover-up" cover as well.
The inside flap is not flush with the cover and it will lightly touch the screen when closed. This might trigger a page turn when closing the cover.

Regards
Aydan
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #272
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

I just received my cheap case from HongKong (within two weeks to Hungary):

http://www.priceangels.com/6-inch-El...--s696255.html

- It's NOT real leather
- decent quality material and stiching
- fits almost perfectly: the SD card slot is unaccessible and the top part of the "window" should be 1 mm higher - the whole screen is visible, but this part cast a shadow
- the inside pocket flip IS trigger the touchscreen when closed without putting to sleep the Kobo first.

images attached:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	82963

Name:	cover2.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	82964

Name:	cover3.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	82965

Name:	cover4.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	82966
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #273
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

As your cover is made for the Kindle 4 it's not to be expected that it fits 100%; but to call it "leather material" giving the false impression of a real leather product would probably be illegal in most countries.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #274
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
As your cover is made for the Kindle 4 it's not to be expected that it fits 100%; but to call it "leather material" giving the false impression of a real leather product would probably be illegal in most countries.
You are right, but the description also says "It protects your PHONE" :-) The item descriptions on PriceAngels (and probably most of the HongKong based webshops) are unreliable, but I don't think it's a deliberate scam.

Anyway, I think this case worth the price, but do not expect real leather, this one made of fair quality synthetic leather. (It's also not the so-called "PU leather", the backside is also artificial)
Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #275
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've personally been using this case (but in black) since Christmas;

Adds some bulk to the Kobo, but I was keen on the integrated light which works reasonably well. Unsure if leather, but if not it feels alright and has worn well so far.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #276
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
on 25th of January I too ordered a black case from Skindigital and I got caught up on the 'out of stock' problems they had and the Chinese holiday !

Was offered a refund but decided to persevere with the order

It was finally shipped on the 23rd February, I was thanked for my patience !

Most posters here have received the case about two weeks after the shipping date so I expect mine some time next week

Will do a little revue on it then !
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #277
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
I finally received the gecko cover from
http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-touch-luxe-p-65.html

Even though it is expensive I am very happy with it. It covers the device very well. On the inside there is some sort of thin velvet material which feels very good when touched. It doesn't have an inside pocket. An interesting thing which I didn't notice when ordered is that the magnetic flap closes on the back of the cover. So in case the cover is under pressure the magnetic button won't press on the screen, but on the back. Anyway the cover is very sturdy.
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #278
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Thanks for this review Alexul.

I have ordered the same one (black). My impression is that this is the one that best suits my needs. It would appear to hold the Kobo very securely: this is a priority for me as I read in public transport and sometimes get involved to the point where I don't notice the stop I'm at and have to rush out abrubtly!!

It has a protective soft velvet inside with no flap to rub against the screen: the strap with the magnetic catch being on the front side never falls over the screen and I think it is slimmer than similar cases.

I was wondering if the velvet casing around the screen was solid enough and finally I decided to try it. I'll see on arrival but your review tends to confirm my impression that this case is very sturdy.

Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #279
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

I also read a lot in public transport and I keep the reader in one hand and it is comfortable. The case is very solid, I have to try with my both hands to bend it. Even though it is a lot more expensive than those from the Chinese sites I don't regret buying it.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #280
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexul View Post
I also read a lot in public transport and I keep the reader in one hand and it is comfortable. The case is very solid, I have to try with my both hands to bend it. Even though it is a lot more expensive than those from the Chinese sites I don't regret buying it.
I like this statement:

"With this protection cover your e-reader is always protected from undesirable damage"

Does it also protect the Kobo Touch from desirable damage

If my SkinDigital case never turns up, shipped two weeks ago, I'll get one of these as you and previous posters are happy with them despite being a bit dearer than the Chinese ones !
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #281
geenp
Enthusiast
geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

I just got a Noreve case and I'm quite pleased with it. Cost a bit more than I would normally pay for a case but I wanted to see what the fuss with "premium" cases was about.

It fits extremely well and holds the Kobo in securely without obscuring the front bezel which I especially like because I don't like it when I read at off angles to the lights or sun and anything casts a shadow on the edge of the screen, it's a peeve of mine. I don't like straps either. The case feels solid and well made, the front cover is padded and the rear shell is leather wrapped over a piece of metal (there is a small gap in the seams where I can see) and the bulk added is minimal. Attention to detail is impressive, no feature is left covered, the case even has a hole in the back to expose the reset function.

The cost is quite high and even though it is impressive, the extra is hard to justify over the other cases that work well but for a device that I use many hours a week over the next year or two, I would not call it unreasonable. They only ship via courier outside of France so the shipping cost can add up. My curiosity is sated so unless this changes, I might never buy another case from them.

My pictures wouldn't reveal much more than the official pictures but if anybody wants to know anything specific I can try take some shots.
geenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #282
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Gecko arrived!

Well my black Gecko case arrived quite swiftly.

It is indeed very solid and well designed to protect the Kobo.

I was impressed by the reactivity of the sales service of this company: very polite and informative. They made no fuss about sending me more photos and informing me of new colours etc.

However, I do find that the black outside plastic looks somehow a bit "cheap" to my taste, slightly disappointing for a case that is above the average price. This defect is not enough for me to want to send it back, but I wonder if the (cheaper) SkinDigital real leather cases might not look better (despite the inside flap, thickness problems and the strap of the catch on the wrong side).

So, on the whole, I am pleased with the case, it corresponds to the criteria I have, but I would not say it is perfect.
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #283
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I think you are putting way to much thought in to such a simple thing.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #284
alexul
Connoisseur

It is a 25 euros thing . Meanwhile, dealextreme also sent me a cover for kindle touch which I intented to use for the kobo.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #285
clsdclsd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexul View Post
It is a 25 euros thing . Meanwhile, dealextreme also sent me a cover for kindle touch which I intented to use for the kobo.
Hopefully that's a Kindle 4 non-touch case, the kindle touch is bigger than Kobo Touch (and kindle 4)

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel