Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
ConvertLIT not working anymore with latest MS Reader?

Hi,

I have just purchased an e-book in Microsoft LIT format. -- Using the latest version of Microsoft Reader for Windows (V2.1.1) -- When I run ReaderKeyRecoveryTool.exe from the ConvertLIT package to retrieve the DRM5 keys, it aborts with the message "Invalid hook.dll". *bummer*

And without the keys, Clit obviously won't work:

Quote:
C:\clit>clit.exe mybook.lit test/
+---[ ConvertLIT (Version 1.8) ]---------------[ Copyright (c) 2002,2003 ]---
ConvertLIT comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details
see the COPYING file or visit "http://www.gnu.org/license/gpl.html".
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. See the GPL license for details.
WARNING: Unable to open file "keys.txt".
LIBC reports: No such file or directory
WARNING: Unable to open file "clit.exekeys.txt".
WARNING: Unable to open file "mybook.litkeys.txt".
No "keys.txt" files found. Can't decrypt.
LIT INFORMATION.........
DRM = 5
Timestamp = 8bcc13fd
Creator = 00260000
Language = 00000409

DECRYPTION FAILED - No keys available for this title.
Did Microsoft close this loophole after all? I hope someone here can help me out!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Use the older version of Convert Lit (v1.5) to transform the e-book into non-DRM5 LIT. Than use CLIT v1.8 to extract its content.

CLIT v1.5 uses a different method of hooking into Microsoft Reader, and it still works with the latest Reader version. You can also use CLIT v1.5 to extract the content; however, CLIT v1.8 fixes a few output bugs and should therefore be used.

Hope that helps.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I also have 2.1.1 and in September of 2006, I purchased an ebook from Simon & Schuster. I had no problem using ConvertLIT at all. Nore did I have have a problem with the ReaderKeyRecoveryTool. And I was/am usingConvertLIT 1.8.

JWolf

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-12-2006 at 03:50 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #4
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Aha, that works for me. Now I can read them on my 505! I get the error with Clit1.8 but the work-around fixes it.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote