Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
Astak --HELP

Astak

The 1/3 off at booksonboard.com coupon good until 1/2010 is invalid. I have tried upper/lower case and exact case according to the included coupon card that came with the Astak.

Please advise

Mark
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Should talk with Books On Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter View Post
Astak

The 1/3 off at booksonboard.com coupon good until 1/2010 is invalid. I have tried upper/lower case and exact case according to the included coupon card that came with the Astak.

Please advise

Mark
Dear Mark:

Of course I am not in control of Books On Board. They are a good partner and they run off all the coupons. We only include them in some packs as they wish.

I do know that they pride themselves on Customer Service. If you call or email Books On Board they would know why you are, obviously,finding a problem. I will copy your post and try to get an answer from my contact there... but I would urge you to contact them as we do not knowthe workings of their coupons. They do all of that.

Mark, I am sorry that you are having the problem. This is the first one I have heard about!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Counter
Connoisseur

I have sent them and email on Saturday and they have not responded. The coupon is yours and was included in the box so please help get this corrected .

Thanks

Mark
Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The coupon is not ours but...

Quote:
I have sent them and email on Saturday and they have not responded. The coupon is yours and was included in the box so please help get this corrected .

Thanks

Mark
Dear Mark:

We just got off the phone with Books On Board. About 20 of these coupons meant for CES got out by mistake. Books On Board WILL make good on them, so do not worry...but you will note the coupon says "CES Exclusive Offer" on the back.

Books On Board WILL take care of this for you!! Just PLEASE do NOT let anyone else know the Promo Code!! That was to remain a secret and cannot be shared!

There was a different coupon that was supposed to go into the box and we will start inserting that one.

Thank you, Mark!!

Please contact Books On Board at: support@booksonboard.com

I apologize for the confusion!! The coupon is not ours, we are just trying to be good to our end users by including the Books On Board coupon and make things better for those who buy!
Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #5
Counter
Connoisseur

I talked with BOB and all is OK.

Thank you Books on Board!

Mark
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
I talked with BOB and all is OK.

Thank you Books on Board!

Mark
What about a thanks to RobertB for taking his time and efforts to help you?

Each of your posts here, as well as the thread about the v3 firmware, are nothing but negative..

Robert gave you not only advise on contacting BoB, but also having said the he was going to call his contact and help resolve this.

And still, after all this, all thanks go to BoB and none for Robert?

Last edited by griffonwing; 12-23-2009 at 12:29 PM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Counter
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
What about a thanks to RobertB for taking his time and efforts to help you?

Each of your posts here, as well as the thread about the v3 firmware, are nothing but negative..

Robert gave you not only advise on contacting BoB, but also having said the he was going to call his contact and help resolve this.

And still, after all this, all thanks go to BoB and none for Robert?
really, all my posts are negative.?? OK you can think that way but I guess you read what you want to and ignore the rest

You also have no clue as to what has transpired via email or PMs so relax and take a breath before you write.

FWIW, I did not need advice on contacting BoB
Old 12-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apologies. I was referring only to this thread and the one regarding Astak v3 firmware. It seemed quite demanding. However, upon editing this post, the meaning was altered, and I missed editing the "all posts" remark.

I understand I do not know the transpiring events of private emails and posts. However this public one showed no thanks to RobertB. It does seem to make you out to be ungrateful, even though you may be the most caring and sincere person.

I am glad you got everything in working order, however. Astak, and Robert, have been nothing but a top-grade company and rep that I could hope to work with.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
Counter
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Apologies. I was referring only to this thread and the one regarding Astak v3 firmware. It seemed quite demanding. However, upon editing this post, the meaning was altered, and I missed editing the "all posts" remark.

I understand I do not know the transpiring events of private emails and posts. However this public one showed no thanks to RobertB. It does seem to make you out to be ungrateful, even though you may be the most caring and sincere person.

I am glad you got everything in working order, however. Astak, and Robert, have been nothing but a top-grade company and rep that I could hope to work with.

Yep. Robert/Astak was thanked on another thread for the firmware and in private message for the coupon assistance.

Being such as veteran of at least this forum, I am sure you know posts can be very tricky when trying to command the meaning since the authors facial expressions, demeanor etc is not available to assist in that. I have personally gotten upset about emails and posts because I thought they meant one thing when in reality the author meant something else ever so slightly but enough to make it tip over.

With my post, it could be easy for me to say (it is the truth) I was excited about a resolution that BoB gave me I just posted in a hurry a thank you.

I did leave out Robert but not on purpose. Robert has answered alot of my questions to my satisfaction and for that, I am a happy customer.

Mark
Old 12-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

It also doesnt help that Bob (Robert) and BoB could be mixed
Old 12-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #11
Robertb

Both of you are friends of mine!

Quote:
Yep. Robert/Astak was thanked on another thread for the firmware and in private message for the coupon assistance.

Being such as veteran of at least this forum, I am sure you know posts can be very tricky when trying to command the meaning since the authors facial expressions, demeanor etc is not available to assist in that. I have personally gotten upset about emails and posts because I thought they meant one thing when in reality the author meant something else ever so slightly but enough to make it tip over.

With my post, it could be easy for me to say (it is the truth) I was excited about a resolution that BoB gave me I just posted in a hurry a thank you.

I did leave out Robert but not on purpose. Robert has answered alot of my questions to my satisfaction and for that, I am a happy customer.

Mark
Dear Griffie and Counter:

Both of you are wonderful posters and have great love for the Pocket PRO. One of the biggest problems with hundreds of threads on the Astak Dedicated Forum is that we often say something on one thread and it really covers a few threads. I find myself perplexed often by SO many threads.

Both of you are people I am so happy to have on this forum. Both of you have SO much in common. I have a feeling that down the short road you two will be good allies!!

Thank you from me to BOTH of you for well-intentioned posts that multi-thread miscommunication makes difficult.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
Counter
Connoisseur

Robert,

Keep up the good work with Astak. Can't wait to read about what you guys have coming soon..

Me and Griffin are cool!!