Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Question:

Those who got the Larry Niven freebie - and mine is waiting for me from Audible.com just as soon as I download the software - did you choose to download the software to your iPod or iPhone, or to an MP3 player?

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #17
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
We're sorry. You are not eligible for this offer.

Boo hoo.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
Boo hoo.

I'm sorry, but I AM eligible for the offer. I took advantage of the offer when it was availible and it's waiting for me right now to download.

Back to my question
: Audible wants to know to what manner I wish to download the audible ebook. I'm uncertain whether to download it to my iPod or to my Kindle 2. (A choice has to be made BEFORE the audible software can be downloaded to my computer.)

Thanks,
Don
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Back to my question[/B]: Audible wants to know to what manner I wish to download the audible ebook. I'm uncertain whether to download it to my iPod or to my Kindle 2. (A choice has to be made BEFORE the audible software can be downloaded to my computer.)
I use the Audible format on the iphone and on the Kindle (unlike the Nook, which supports MP3 only, the Kindle handles both the regular and enhanced audible formats).

I know I set it up for the iphone first, but switched it to the Kindle later on.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #20
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I AM eligible for the offer. I took advantage of the offer when it was availible and it's waiting for me right now to download.
Pretty sure Magic was saying that HE wasn't eligible. Probably didn't make it in time, or something to that effect.

I'm sort of curious about trying an audio book. I have to admit, I've never actually tried one before. For those of you who listen to them often, in what situations do you listen to them most? While in transit, at work, working out?
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #21
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Kindle is compatible with formats 2, 3, and 4. You fit more files with type two but some people think that the sound is not as good. You can down load it in another audio format if you don't like the sound.

I have been an Audible listener for quite some time now.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:47 AM   #22
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Question:

Those who got the Larry Niven freebie - and mine is waiting for me from Audible.com just as soon as I download the software - did you choose to download the software to your iPod or iPhone, or to an MP3 player?

Thanks,
Don
Zune. I'm listening to it on dog walks. I used the Audible Manager to download it. Enjoying it a lot.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #23
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I think the Kindle 2 supports Audible formats 4 and AAX only. I got format 4 because it's the only Audible format that's compatble with all of my devices that can play Audible files.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I got the audible format, for my iPod.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #25
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
error

Last edited by retro; 01-08-2010 at 09:54 AM.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #26
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I'm sort of curious about trying an audio book. I have to admit, I've never actually tried one before. For those of you who listen to them often, in what situations do you listen to them most? While in transit, at work, working out?
Well, I started listening when I went out to walk or when on long drives. I can walk forever when I'm listening to a book but without it I won't last 10 minutes. (I've also driven past my exit if a book is really exciting!) Depending on the book, I will listen when I'm doing laundry, housework, exercising, driving around.....

I love to read but the next best thing is to be read to. Then there are readers who I would listen to no matter what they read!! Some are great and really add alot to a story with the accents and inflections. (Grover Gardner and Dick Hill are the BEST!) There are books I've listened to that I would never have picked up to read. It's really expanded my interests.

I do get all mine through the library, so if I REALLY don't like a book, I just delete it. I'd be more picky if I bought them.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, I downloaded it to my iTunes.

I should be able to listen to this on my Kindle, right?

If not, I'll just carry my iPod around, or plug the iPod into my stereo system. (I have the Yamaha Dock that connects directly to my Yamaha DSP Z-7.)

Don
Old 01-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #28
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I've also driven past my exit if a book is really exciting!
This scares the h*ll out of me! At least I don't live near Dallas, but how many other people are driving around absorbed in something other than driving? Cell phones are bad enough (handsfree doesn't help-the problem is being distracted from your most important activity while behind the wheel-driving). There was a case in Alaska where it was alleged the driver of an SUV was watching a DVD (screen was viewable by the driver-don't think they were able to prove that he was actually watching it, but that's what was alleged) when he had an accident.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #29
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Ok, I downloaded it to my iTunes.

I should be able to listen to this on my Kindle, right?

If not, I'll just carry my iPod around, or plug the iPod into my stereo system. (I have the Yamaha Dock that connects directly to my Yamaha DSP Z-7.)

Don
I haven't tried syncing the Kindle using iTunes. I installed the Audible Manager (on the software page, tell it you want MP3's), which then downloads the exact same format as used by the ipod (type 4 is what I get, usually), but lets you activate a Kindle or an MP3 player. I'm just not reinstalling for my sansa clip player, but having an issue with activation (I think Norton is blocking it's access to the internet).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote