Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #46
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
@Randolphlalonde

! Just downloaded the First Light Chronicles Omnibus and put it on my reading-list after having a look at the first lines ...

Regards, beachwanderer
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #47
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
I have now finished all of the series books available and am just wondering when broadcasts 6 and 7 might be released?? Itching to find out what happens hehe.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #48
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Ah didn't know you updated the MOBI versions of First Light and such. When did the updates go through and what changed?
There were a few grammar corrections (half of which were submitted by readers who were in the book industry, thank you if you're reading this!), I also wrote in some extra character development and re-wrote some sections so they were more believable and easier to read.

That sounds like a lot, but when you consider the plot didn't change, and I was told time and time again not to completely rewrite Freeground, so I didn't, the changes aren't ground shattering.

The next book to get this treatment is Resurrection, which, thankfully, doesn't need nearly as much work.

Judging from the feedback I've been getting on the re-release of the First Light Chronicles Ombibus, I'll be re-releasing Spinward Fringe Broadcast 1: Resurrection on Amazon for $0.99 for the first month or two, so people who do want the updated version on their Kindle won't have to pay the full price again. This is in reaction to Kindle not being willing to offer their users the most up to date versions of a book. Their customer service people have spoken.

All these updates will also happen on Mobipocket and Smashwords, where people who already own them will be able to get the updated versions.

Now on to another important question:

When is Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments coming out?

Right now I have two thirds of a manuscript that's been written two and a half times. Thankfully, I'm not doing another draft unless my editor tells me I've bungled the book, so I'm working on the ending right now. It's looking like this book will be out in the next couple of months if it gets my editor's approval.
Things do tend to move more slowly these days, however, as I take a lot more time with editing and have gotten a couple more people involved. With an audience that has grown to about 500 for the Spinward Fringe series, I've become pretty quality conscious. The development time for each book after it's written is still only weeks, however, as compared to big publishing houses, who normally take months, so we have that going for us!

Thanks for reading everyone! I'm glad to see this thread, and all of you, are alive and well!
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #49
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

All Spinward Fringe titles are 50% off for E-Book Week at Smashwords.

There's a more detailed blog post about that here: http://randolphlalonde.blogspot.com/...7-13-2010.html

Here's the link to all my books if you don't feel like visiting the blog: http://www.smashwords.com/books/sear...lph+lalonde%22
Old 03-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #50
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Oh, thanks for telling us. I am working may way through the last of the Firstlight Chronicles right now. I will have to take advantage of the sale . So it should be 501 now?

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #51
piprayn
piprayn began at the beginning.

Device: none
In the process of re-reading the books , on triton right now. This is the fifth or 6th time i read these and it still makes me sad when i think about why the bird sings, because it has a song.
piprayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #52
Randolphlalonde
Author

The Indie Spotlight has put up an interview with me about the First Light Chronicles Omnibus. Here's the link: http://www.theindiespotlight.com/?p=952
Old 04-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #53
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Randolph

When might we expect the next Broadcast please? I have enjoyed each book greatly!

Cheers and thanks

Mike

Last edited by sabredog; 04-13-2010 at 01:59 AM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #54
Randolphlalonde
Author

Quote:
When might we expect the next Broadcast please? I have enjoyed each book greatly!

Cheers and thanks

Mike
That's the question everyone's asking, and all I can really tell you right now is that Broadcast 6: Fragments, which is the middle part to a trilogy, is on it's way.

It's been abysmally complicated to write, involved two and a half drafts, 38,000+ words were simply cut from the bulk of the work and no one will miss them, and in all honesty, there have been moments where I thought I'd never figure out a few of the niggling details that have kept this work up in the air. I can't say I'd do it differently, especially since I'm writing the last few chapters and getting into the early clean up phase of writing. The hard part is over, unless my editor tells me otherwise.

So, when? I wish I could tell you specifically, but I can say for certain that I'm hoping to get this out before June, and the last part of this trilogy (Broadcast 7), will be a lot easier to finish.

Thank God it's taken this long though, because I can say for sure that few people would want to read what would have come out if I pushed for a release this last January. What I have right now is a lot better.

Thank you very much for enjoying the series so far and for hanging in there!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #55
Randolphlalonde
Author

There's a new survey at www.spinwardfringe.com where readers have the opportunity to decide which character will be central to a future book in the series. More information on the blog: http://bit.ly/aSZWC8

For anyone who isn't familiar with the series, just visit http://www.spinwardfringe.com and click on "Introduction To Spinward Fringe"
Old 07-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #56
Randolphlalonde
Author

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments is finally available at Smashwords! Enjoy!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/19286
Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #57
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks Randolph!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #58
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Yeah! I went and bought it right away.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #59
sabredog

Purchased tonight as well