Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
wizard327
wizard327 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, Kaiser,Iphone,CybookGen3
Wordnet Dictionary for Mobipocket ( Free)

I use to read my ebooks on a Pocket PC. A friend sent me a link to download a dictionary which is compatible with Mobipocket reader. Have been using it ever since and it works well with the desktop Mobipocket reader.It is in .prc format ( not DRMed) and the size is 16.9 megabytes. I'm not sure about the rules here re posting links.If there is no problem, I can post the link here ( Rapidshare).

Moderator's Note: I fond where the file is hosted by its creator.
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de...ket/index.html

Last edited by Nate the great; 06-15-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added link
wizard327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
As a general rule, I don't trust anything posted on Rapidshare. But go ahead and post a link, and we'll see if the file is legit.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
wizard327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
As a general rule, I don't trust anything posted on Rapidshare. But go ahead and post a link, and we'll see if the file is legit.
The file is definitely legit. Here is the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/18406776/Wordnet-DICT.zip

Cheers,
Old 06-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suppose the law of average says that there has to be one "legit" file on "RapidShare". Perhaps that's the one .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I found the original file. It's hosted by the guy who made it. I added a link to the first post.

P.S. I'm also going to move this thread.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard327 View Post
I use to read my ebooks on a Pocket PC. A friend sent me a link to download a dictionary which is compatible with Mobipocket reader. Have been using it ever since and it works well with the desktop Mobipocket reader.It is in .prc format ( not DRMed) and the size is 16.9 megabytes. I'm not sure about the rules here re posting links.If there is no problem, I can post the link here ( Rapidshare).

Moderator's Note: I fond where the file is hosted by its creator.
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de...ket/index.html
Thank you m8!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
wizard327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Thank you m8!
I'm glad to have contributed something to this excellent and helpful forum
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The XDXF Dictionaries Download page only lists three large freely available English dictionaries, one is Wordnet and the other two are available in the MOBI upload section: GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English, V1, 9, July 2007 and Dictionary, Webster's: Webster's Dictionary 1913, v1, 22 Nov 07. Note that StarDict dictionaries (e.g. from XDXF) can be converted to MOBI, see How to create your own mobipocket dictionary for any language: (which should perhaps be moved to the Mobi/PRC Books Upload section).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
Pinup
Pinup began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Ow yeah,

You're my hero of the day man, I was trying to get this dictionary look-up thing to work on my cybook for days now (tried with the encarta pocket, didn't really work out, I think it's due to the strange structure it has)
Pinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
benzion72
benzion72 began at the beginning.

Device: mobile phone
It work fine on my Desktop and Laptop, Like Oliver Twist of Charles Dicken can i get one for my Sony Ericsson P990i. I will be most grateful.
benzion72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #11
drwira
Book Addict
drwira began at the beginning.

Device: SE P1i / Mobipocket
Hi guys,
just found this forum after googling for mobipocket dictionaries.
Thanks for the post, works great on my device (SE P1i)
drwira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
ebinans
eblv
ebinans began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Free WordNet 3 dictionary with Ispell support for indexing inflections: http://eb.lv/dict/
ebinans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #13
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Will this be compatible with Amazon's Kindle app for Android? Or is there a better, free dictionary out there for Android?
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote