Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #106
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Somehow my app screen no longer does that tilt scroll thing. I guess I'll have to try Mayday sometime. Should be an interesting experiment.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #107
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
When I asked on this thread IF the tilt could be locked some one said yes... so perhaps you locked it into position.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #108
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
I found a KILLER feature in the Fire Phone. With the Unlocked phone the WIFI Hotspot option is FULLY unlocked!

This is BIG for anyone that wanted to feed a laptop data! WOW!

zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #109
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
I found a KILLER feature in the Fire Phone. With the Unlocked phone the WIFI Hotspot option is FULLY unlocked!

This is BIG for anyone that wanted to feed a laptop data! WOW!

Only if your cell phone plan allows it.

If your plan doesn't allow tethering/hotspotting, in most cases, carriers can detect unauthorized tethering. (There are some methods that reportedly make tethering invisible to carriers, like X Tether on some rooted phones.)
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #110
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Only if your cell phone plan allows it.

If your plan doesn't allow tethering/hotspotting, in most cases, carriers can detect unauthorized tethering. (There are some methods that reportedly make tethering invisible to carriers, like X Tether on some rooted phones.)
That's the best part my carrier does not allow it! Straight Talk (unlimited data) my guess is the Fire is such a rare phone that they did not program the SIM to block it!

I would NEVER abuse it as yes if you go nuts they would shut you down. for me it is just a little web surfing....

this is VERY COOL!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #111
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Got an email ... I should be getting my phone by the 12th!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #112
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
When I asked on this thread IF the tilt could be locked some one said yes... so perhaps you locked it into position.
No, I figured it out. I was trying to tilt scroll the home screen. I don't think it ever does that.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #113
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
One problem I keep having when switching between my Fire Phone and my HD6, is the power button. They're located on different sides (phone= left / HD6= right) and I end up pushing the headphone jack and it doesn't turn off.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #114
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
One problem I keep having when switching between my Fire Phone and my HD6, is the power button. They're located on different sides (phone= left / HD6= right) and I end up pushing the headphone jack and it doesn't turn off.
Have you tried pushing the headphone jack with a forklift? It worked for my old Sidekick phone.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Have you tried pushing the headphone jack with a forklift? It worked for my old Sidekick phone.
Ha

What's stupid is that I push it several times before I realize I'm hitting the wrong side. You'd think I should know by now that if the first hit yields no results, then I'm on the wrong side.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #116
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

The Revolution case for my Fire Phone arrived. So glad I got the white/gray! It looks nice. It was a lot harder to get open then the ones for the Fire 6. I had to use the thin edge of plastic dough scraper.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #117
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The Revolution case for my Fire Phone arrived. So glad I got the white/gray! It looks nice. It was a lot harder to get open then the ones for the Fire 6. I had to use the thin edge of plastic dough scraper.
Mine was harder to get open too. Matching cases for my tablets - Fire Mini & Fire Micro.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #118
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just got mine and it's charging. I wondering has anyone tried charging this with a Kindle rapid charger? Also how long does it take to charge? I want to play with it! It came a 7% battery so I got to watch the intro and that was it. The first thing I notice was it gets quite warm.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #119
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just got mine and it's charging. I wondering has anyone tried charging this with a Kindle rapid charger? Also how long does it take to charge? I want to play with it! It came a 7% battery so I got to watch the intro and that was it. The first thing I notice was it gets quite warm.
I use a 2A charger, but don't pay attention to how long it takes. Mine arrived with a nearly full charge. Gremlins were playing with your phone during shipment.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #120
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I've had mine on the kindle rapid charger. No problem.

Monkey, does your Rev case have a lot of rainbow?