Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Kindle Fire HD 4g as a Phone

Is this possible? Fun?

Now that I have decided on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 32G w/special offers, the only decision remaining is whether or not to spring for 4g.

What do you all think of the 4g option? What do you use it for?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Just for a grin I downloaded the magic jack app to my fire and nexus. I have a account with them and I wanted to see if my tablets could use my account with out a dongle.

I can say for a fact with wifi I can make calls with my FireHd and nexus with no problem except that I need to be in a wifi hot spot.

I would guess with 3g-4g you should be able to do the same. Magic Jack works but I am not sure what other voip systems would work.

Magic Jack does with wifi.

Good luck,
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I wanted the 4G but wen with the non-4G instead. I can get a hotspot cheaper if I need it.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
Is this possible? Fun?

Now that I have decided on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 32G w/special offers, the only decision remaining is whether or not to spring for 4g.

What do you all think of the 4g option? What do you use it for?
Well, it's $100 cheaper now. So that makes it more tempting, in my opinion.

I think that makes it $399.

I doubt it's usable as a phone easily. I have a non 3G Fire HD 8.9" and it's massive. It's much bigger than the screen because it has a huge bezel around it. So it's even less usable as a phone than most Tablets.
iReaderReview is offline   Reply With Quote