Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
re_lusional
re_lusional began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Smile Notes and highlights for whole library in one place? *Sweet setup?*

Hi there everyone, my first post to this forum today

I'm wondering if I can get advice on how to set myself up best for the future?

My goal is to be able to access my library on any device - (Android phone, eBook reader, I currently have a Kindle Voyage but would change if necessary, and Mac desktop) and to be able to ANNOTATE and HIGHLIGHT any book at any location on any device and have these annotations and highlights SYNC between devices.

I have a Calibre Library of 203 books of various format. All of them are DRM free. I can convert epub to mobi or whatever you recommend. Within the 203 are 90 DRM free PDFs as well which I know are harder to convert so will probably need to remain PDF.

I thought I would be able to use Amazon's services - and it works great for books purchased from them (in terms of syncing notes and highlights) but when I "Send to Kindle" a mobi converted in Calibre, (even without the [PDOC] tag), it seems to still go to the "Docs" section of your content on Amazon's Manage your Kindle section (on their website) and notes and highlights do not seem to sync to the Amazon Notebook webpage where annotations go for books purchased from them.

So, I'm wondering, has anyone solved my problem with Amazon, or is there another way to achieve my goal using non-Amazon software/hardware? I'd rather invest some time now, up-front to get the "sweet setup" and hopefully make my life easier for a few years to come!

Thanks to anyone who's able to offer advice,

Jonathan
re_lusional is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoation, calibre, highlights and notes, kindle, sync