Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
sososimps
sososimps began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus and Mac computer
Nook Shelves Disappear

I've been having this trouble for a while with my Nook Glowlight Plus. I create shelves, but then they disappear. If I try to create a new shelf using the name of one of my missing shelves, eg 'favourites', it says "duplicate shelf- a shelf with this name already exists ". That is despite my Nook currently saying I have 0 shelves.

I've tried shutting down, and even wiping/ restoring it, but can't fix the problem. Any solutions gratefully received.
sososimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
The operating system is FUBAR. Even the current most updated version. I've tried deleting a single sideloaded book and the result is everything I'd sideloaded disappears. Then the two books I'd bought through BN disappeared as well. Shelves disappear easily (or as you noted are apparently being hidden since it knows the name is already in use).
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sososimps View Post
I've been having this trouble for a while with my Nook Glowlight Plus. I create shelves, but then they disappear. If I try to create a new shelf using the name of one of my missing shelves, eg 'favourites', it says "duplicate shelf- a shelf with this name already exists ". That is despite my Nook currently saying I have 0 shelves.

I've tried shutting down, and even wiping/ restoring it, but can't fix the problem. Any solutions gratefully received.
This is my experience with the Glowlight 3:

Shelves holding only side-loaded books disappear when the NOOK is ejected from being plugged into the PC or when the NOOK is powered off and back on again.

Shelves holding books downloaded from B&N survive, but any side-loaded books are dropped from them.

Before replacing a disappeared shelf with another of the same name I have to sync the device (press the circle arrows at the top of the library page). This requires the wifi to be on. After the sync the new shelf with the old name can be created.

My side-loaded epubs are on the NOOK drive in My Files - Books. Perhaps saving them in a different place would solve this problem; I haven't had time to try.

Barnes and Noble customer service has been less than helpful.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I have had zero problems with my Nook and have been happy with it.

However, reading the threads here, it does seem like their current firmware is pretty buggy. Even though I don't create custom shelves and haven't lost sideloaded books, the firmware is pretty slow when not reading a book.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, shelves, shelves disappear