Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #631
dcamp
dcamp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I tried the new version of plugins, but I still can not sort the shelves by order number in the series. Can you tell me the right steps to do?
Thankyou
I use KOBO GLO firmware 3.8.1
Diego
dcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #632
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp View Post
I tried the new version of plugins, but I still can not sort the shelves by order number in the series. Can you tell me the right steps to do?
Please see the responses to your original post about this. Nothing has changed.
Quote:
I use KOBO GLO firmware 3.8.1
Where did you get 3.8.1? 3.8.0 is the last firmware version I have heard about.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 AM   #633
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Hey David,

You said this in post #621

Quote:
OK, for the foreseeable future, I will leave the Qt4 support in the plugin. But, I probably won't do any testing with 1.48 unless someone reports a problem.
Seems I've stuck a problem. I recently updated to FW 3.8.0 and just this evening when I plugged into Calibre 1.48 (I'm still on XP) I got a popup that said
Quote:
calibre, version 1.48.0
WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 104.
Device firmware version: (3, 8, 0)
Not sure exactly what this means but it doesn't look good
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:41 AM   #634
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
Hey David,

You said this in post #621

Seems I've stuck a problem. I recently updated to FW 3.8.0 and just this evening when I plugged into Calibre 1.48 (I'm still on XP) I got a popup that said

This is nothing at all to worry about.

Kobo do at times update the version of their database; adding / dropping the types of data stored in it. When thy do, the version number changes.

Davidfor's code always checks the version number and, if its higher than he knew when writing the code warns that there might be issues. However there have been none for a long long time.

To bypass the error message, just select the option in the device driver field to support unsupported versions (or something similar to that; I'm travelling and don't have access to calibre to give the exact setting name).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #635
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post

Simple: read the error message and follow the instructions

I posted the following elsewhere in response to a similar question from a Mac user:

Quote:
None of the recent upgrades to the firmware have not changed anything that affects KoboTouch driver. Enabling the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option is perfectly safe for FW3.8.0. Unless you by an Aura H2O, this should be OK for at least another firmware version.
The option is really a CYA. I don't remember the last time there was a firmware upgrade that wasn't backwardly compatible with the KoboTouch driver. All the changes to the driver have been to take advantage of new function. Or add new devices. Plus, I am on the Kobo beta firmware list. I test the beta firmware and make changes to the driver or this plugin as needed. If there is new function in the firmware, I generally have an update ready to be checked in when the firmware is released.

If something does happen that the driver needs to be changed, I have a plan. But, I will only act on that when needed.

Last edited by davidfor; 09-18-2014 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Beaten by PeterT.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:01 AM   #636
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

@PeterT
@davidfor

Hey thx for that. That seemed to sort it out. Much appreciated
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #637
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Hi David,
I have a KT N905, Fw. 3.3.0.
In Calibre, my default of your plugin is to "Backup Device Database", but for some months, at connecting the device to the computer and opening Calibre, I receive an error message of this type:
Code:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:\\Kobo Reader\\KoboReader-KoboTouch-OG3180403354A-20140922-161916.sqlite'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 172, in do_device_database_backup
  File "shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:\\Kobo Reader\\KoboReader-KoboTouch-OG3180403354A-20140922-161916.sqlite'
Is there anything I can do? Calibre functions in relation to my device are o.k.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #638
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Hi David,
I have a KT N905, Fw. 3.3.0.
In Calibre, my default of your plugin is to "Backup Device Database", but for some months, at connecting the device to the computer and opening Calibre, I receive an error message of this type:
Code:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:\\Kobo Reader\\KoboReader-KoboTouch-OG3180403354A-20140922-161916.sqlite'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 172, in do_device_database_backup
  File "shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:\\Kobo Reader\\KoboReader-KoboTouch-OG3180403354A-20140922-161916.sqlite'
Is there anything I can do? Calibre functions in relation to my device are o.k.
That error is in the line of code that copies the database from the device to where you want to the backup stored. It is claiming that the destination file does not exist. As the copy is trying to create the file, that is a strange error. But, does the directory exist? Can you create a file in the directory?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #639
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aha, things become clearer. Indeed, I had to reformat the USB device where the backup had been stored. But the directory itself has been reset. I should rearrange the configuration of the plugin, I suppose?
Old 09-23-2014, 02:32 AM   #640
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Aha, things become clearer. Indeed, I had to reformat the USB device where the backup had been stored. But the directory itself has been reset.
Does that mean the USB device was plugged in as F, but there was no "Kobo Reader"? I can look at making the directories before the copy, but creating a USB drive is a little harder.
Quote:
I should rearrange the configuration of the plugin, I suppose?
Yes. Or make sure everything else is arranged as before.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:50 AM   #641
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does that mean the USB device was plugged in as F, but there was no "Kobo Reader"?
Ah, no, "Kobo Reader" appears as usual, but I had stored the backup on the USB drive.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #642
Leonatus
Wizard

Yep, the name of the USB drive had changed - everything allright now.

I used the opportunity to update my Kobo to Fw. 3.8.0, via your plugin. Thank you for this!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #643
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I'm picking up my new Aura H2O today, and I wonder whether it's safe (and if so, if it has the desired effect) to 'clone' my HD by copying the books to the H2O and restore the HD's database to it?

Nothing a logout/login (or when all else fails, a factory reset) won't cure if not, I guess, but still...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #644
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
To answer my own question: yup, that works. Copy over the books, the config file, the fonts and the database, and the new H2O behaved like a clone of my old HD.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #645
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Frankly I would have been far more likely to
A) ensure all books were loaded on the new device
B) backed up reading location on old device via kobo utilities
C) restored reading location to new device via Kobo utilities
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities