Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-20-2022, 04:44 AM   #1
lktr45
Zealot
lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Print() in Restart in debug mode

Hello,

Since version 6.4 of Calibre, I no longer see the Print() in the log file in Restart in debug mode (CTRL+Shift+R).
On the other hand, the Print() appear well in the console with the calibre-debug -g command.

For example, if I run the Comments Cleaner plugin:
- calibre-debug -g command, I get the DEBUG lines in the console
- Restart in debug mode: no DEBUG lines in the log file

For my personal plugin tests, I use Calibre Portable and when I created a bug to report the problem, I forgot to specify that I was in Restart in debug mode. The bug was invalidated by Kovid rightly, either because he checked with the command, or indeed the Print() appeared well in Restart in debug mode.

I'm on Windows 10 and maybe I have an environment problem.

1- Could someone confirm (or not) that the Print() appear in the log file in Restart in debug mode?
2 - Is it possible to launch Calibre Portable with the calibre-debug -g command?

Thank you for your answers
lktr45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 05:19 AM   #2
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lktr45 View Post
Hello,

Since version 6.4 of Calibre, I no longer see the Print() in the log file in Restart in debug mode (CTRL+Shift+R).
On the other hand, the Print() appear well in the console with the calibre-debug -g command.

For example, if I run the Comments Cleaner plugin:
- calibre-debug -g command, I get the DEBUG lines in the console
- Restart in debug mode: no DEBUG lines in the log file

For my personal plugin tests, I use Calibre Portable and when I created a bug to report the problem, I forgot to specify that I was in Restart in debug mode. The bug was invalidated by Kovid rightly, either because he checked with the command, or indeed the Print() appeared well in Restart in debug mode.

I'm on Windows 10 and maybe I have an environment problem.

1- Could someone confirm (or not) that the Print() appear in the log file in Restart in debug mode?
2 - Is it possible to launch Calibre Portable with the calibre-debug -g command?

Thank you for your answers
1) Yes, it does. P.S.: I use CTRL+ R to restart (not CTRL+SHIFT+R)
2) Just use the full path to "calibre-debug.exe", inside "Calibre Portable\Calibre\"
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2022, 04:15 AM   #3
lktr45
Zealot
lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'lktr45 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks Thiago,

1- So I do have an environmental problem. P.S. You are right: I copied the label of the Preferences menu which should be CTRL + Shift + r (or CTRL + R)

2 - With the full path of Calibre Portable and >calibre-debug.exe -g, I run the correct version (for example 6.4) of my Calibre Portable but the libraries and the configuration are those of my current reference Calibre (6.10).

Sorry for my English, I'm French
Old 12-26-2022, 08:32 AM   #4
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lktr45 View Post
2 - With the full path of Calibre Portable and >calibre-debug.exe -g, I run the correct version (for example 6.4) of my Calibre Portable but the libraries and the configuration are those of my current reference Calibre (6.10).
True. I forgot about that.
Try this:

1) Set up a .bat file like this:
Code:
@echo off
set CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=..\Calibre Settings
"D:\Calibre Portable\Calibre\calibre-debug.exe" -g
Change the path to calibre-debug.exe accordingly.

2) Use this .bat file to open calibre.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 11:44 AM   #5
lktr45
Zealot

Thank you for everything Thiago,

That works well. I only had to modify the code of the batch, because I think my directory path was too long which caused an error.
Quote:
@echo off
cd "C:\Users\christophe\Documents\C6.4.0\Calibre Portable"
set CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=.\Calibre Settings
calibre-debug.exe -g
Advert
Old 12-27-2022, 02:29 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at your path, I would suggest moving your calibre portable directory outside of your Documents folder.

i.e. "C:\Users\christophe\C6.4.0\Calibre Portable"
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote