Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
jae_aud
jae_aud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Aura ONE
"computer detected...would you like to connect your ereader to manage this?"

this message started flashing on my screen every couple of minutes even though my wifinis disconnected. it doesn't stay on more than a second so I can't respond even if I wanted to connect to my computer somehow. how do I stop it?
jae_aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That message has nothing to do with WiFi. It should mean that something is plugged into the USB port. If there is, and the message keeps appearing and disappearing, it probably means there is a loose connection somewhere. This can happen to me when I bump the plug as the socket on my PC is a little loose.

If nothing is plugged in, I don't know what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:30 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
you could try to outwit it by actually connecting a usb cable, then removing it. see if it then realise a cable is NOT connected
you could try a clean air spray into the usb socket if you have a spray, if not tyr tapping. / blowing to dislodge anything that may be trapped in there
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I assume you have the device plugged into something? I see this when my KA1 is plugged into a small battery power pack BUT only once the KA1 reaches a certain level of charge (around 60% IIRC). Works fine from 10% to there, but once it gets to there it starts flashing the connect dialogue briefly. Only does it when connected to the power pack, never seen it when connected to a wall charger (I don't really charge it from computer, so I can't comment on that). If the KA1 has a high charge level (i.e. 60-70%) it does this even if the power pack is fully charged. Always stops as soon as I disconnect it from the power pack.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
If all else fails try powering it off completely and back on after about 30 seconds.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote