Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #691
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
I was able to get one of the books using HungerGamesDeal but when I went to use 2-5 it would not let me. Very disappointing as I was going to get them all even though they are not really books I would read. Guess I will just read the first one.
If you enjoy the first one, then the other two are non-agency and are eligible for Kobo's discount codes (there are 40% and 45% discount codes at the moment which, while not 85% off, are still a damn sight better than what you'd pay most anywhere else).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #692
danj
danj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'd like to note that, as of today, shopping in Canada, the first HungerGamesDeal code worked, and netted me 85% off Catching Fire, but none of the other codes worked, subsequently - reusing the first code resulted in an "Invalid promo code. Please verify and re-enter" error, while trying the code with 2 - 5 appended resulted instead in "This promotion is not active."

Oh, well: guess I should read the first two books before I worry about buying the third.

(On an unrelated note: Hi! I found this form infinitely valuable when making my recent e-reader purchase, and I'm looking forward to participating. Cheers!)
danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #693
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Smile

I also was only able to use the HungerGamesDeal code once (after I got the invalid code error)... but then, I tried the next day and was able to buy book 2! Finally, today I tried with book 3 and was able to get that one as well! (So maybe the code has a one-time-per-day restriction or something!)
Thought I'd share just in case someone still wants to buy the rest!

Last edited by andreabc; 03-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #694
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
One interesting thing I found: I tried c4auto40 which I had previously used, and was successfull for 40% off, then I tried c4auto45 and found success with 45% off (previously unknown code to me).
Thank you for the 45% off coupon. I was able to get The Forever War by Joe Haldeman (which got a Hugo, a Nebula, and a Locus award) for $2.72. Very happy!
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #695
danj
danj began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabc View Post
I also was only able to use the HungerGamesDeal code once (after I got the invalid code error)... but then, I tried the next day and was able to buy book 2! Finally, today I tried with book 3 and was able to get that one as well! (So maybe the code has a one-time-per-day restriction or something!)
Thought I'd share just in case someone still wants to buy the rest!
Thanks for sharing this! I re-tried the code today and got the discount on Book 3.
danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #696
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Using the codes to purchase the "Hunger Games Trilogy" from Kobo was a rare treat for me. I regularly get coupon codes in my e-mail from Kobo asking me to come back and I see codes here in the forum, but never get to use them beacuse every book I want to buy ends up being an agency book.

Apparently even though I can see on the screen that the publisher is NOT one of the big six -- the books I attempt to buy must be subdivisions of the big six.

So to simplify my life and to be able to use a coupon code again at Kobo -- can someone tell me soecifically the NON-AGENCY publishers are that I can buy and use the coupon codes at Kobo?

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #697
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Simple rule is if the book shows something like this, discount codes are valid.
Quote:
Buy this Book

List price: $14.99
Our price: $7.49
You save: 50% ($7.50)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #698
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Peter's rule of thumb is a good one. Here is a partial list of non-agency pubs...

Algonquin Books
Allen & Unwin
Amherst Media
AuthorHouse
BBC Digital
Belle Books
BowTie Press
Chicago Review Press
Cram 101
Crown House Publishing
Disney Hyperion
Dorchester
Dreamspinner Press
Ebury Publishing
Ellora's Cave
ePenguin
Greystone Books
Hampton Roads Publishing
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Hyperion
Indigo
Kenilworth Press
Kensington
Kids Can Press
Ladybird
Langtail Press
Leisure Books
Liongate Press
Loose-ID
Lyrical Press
Medallion Press
Melville House
Menage Amour
Motorbooks
New World Library
Open Court
Open Road
Osprey Publishing
Pen and Sword
Penguin New Zealand
Poisoned Pen Press
Posse Management Publishing
PublicAffairs
Random House UK
ReadHowYouWant
Rodale
Samhain
Scholastic
Seal Press
Siren Publishing
Soho Press
Storey Publishing, LLC
Story Plant
Sourcebooks
Thomas Nelson
TransWorld Digital
University of North Texas Press
Vanguard Press
Vintage Digital
W. W. Norton & Company
Walker Books
Wings Press
Xlibris
Zebra

Most if not all university presses are also couponable

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-20-2015 at 10:18 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:21 AM   #699
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
So to simplify my life and to be able to use a coupon code again at Kobo -- can someone tell me soecifically the NON-AGENCY publishers are that I can buy and use the coupon codes at Kobo?
Agency vs. Non-agency publishers changes from country to country on Kobo, however...

From the OP (original post) on the first page of this thread:

"NOTE 2: You do have to make sure that you are buying a non-agency book. E-books that are non-agency generally include:
- e-books with two prices listed (ie. "List Price" and "Our Price")
- e-books that end in something other than ".99" (ie. $9.91, $5.57, etc.)
- most graphic novels
- most "Just for Kobo Vox" books
- most very inexpensive e-books (ie. $0.95 to $2.99)
- e-books from very small/niche publishers"
Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #700
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
You can add

Unbridled Books
Tyrus Books

To AnemicOak's list. Both of these publishers have a collection of good authors. Tyrus books specializes in mysteries.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #701
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Thank you all for the specific publisher names and tip. It is most appreciated! Love the knowledge I get here.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #702
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
WordFire Press is promo code friendly as well.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #703
garyanbear
garyanbear doesn't littergaryanbear doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Hello all. Wondering if someone would be kind enough to post here again when the Kobo Book Club April selection comes out. I posted about this last month since I was inexplicably cut off from emails informing me of the code. I've since been informed that as I've temporarily moved to Europe to study, I'm ineligible to get the emails (I'm supposed to be in North America).
Anyway, since missing out on free books makes me sad and people on this website are awesome about sharing, thought I'd ask for help once more. Thanks again!
garyanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #704
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyanbear View Post
Hello all. Wondering if someone would be kind enough to post here again when the Kobo Book Club April selection comes out.
I'll be posting it when it comes out (usually sometime in the second week of the month, I believe).
Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #705
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Book Club - April

Use promo code: APR01KST expires April 11, 2012

Choose from the following 2 novels:

A Single Thread - Marie Bostwick

Under Wraps - Hannah Jayne

See link HERE
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals