Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2017, 04:12 AM   #16
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That's in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ouch_probe.lua
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #17
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Sketch now works in 32-bit mode. Furthermore, all the models now have their x and y axes swapped by default.

If you have a model that requires to set the SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY environment variable (cf. README), I'd appreciate if you could provide the output of ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 PCB 2> /dev/null.

Please note that the launch script has changed: the PRODUCT environment variable needs to be set before Sketch starts.

You can invert the displayed colors (if your device supports the corresponding hardware flag) by pressing more than 2 seconds on the power button and then releasing it.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
On my C Touch (E60610D), without the SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY being set, the screen output appears 90 degrees turned to the right. When I set SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY, the screen output is mirrored horizontally (I draw a downward arrow in the upper right corner, and it appears an upward arrow in the lower right corner). This, the output being mirrored horizontally, was also the situation with the previous version of sketch.

Last edited by tshering; 04-24-2017 at 04:38 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:41 AM   #19
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I've added support for the following environment variable: SKETCH_UNMIRROR_X.

The behavior associated with the power button has slightly changed:
Quote:
  • A short press/release of the power button will:
    • Save and clear the canvas if it isn't empty.
    • Quit if it's empty.
  • A long press/release (held more than 2 seconds) of the power button will inverse the displayed colors.
I'm wondering if there might be a link between the phoenix protocol and the swapping of the x and y axes?

Last edited by baskerville; 04-25-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #20
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works now nicely on my Touch (C), Touch (B), and Glo.
You are certainly aware of it, but I mention it nonetheless. The saved images are rotated 90 degree counterclockwise.
Advert
Old 04-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #21
baskerville
Evangelist

I wasn't aware of the rotation issue.

The output of:
Code:
cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
Might be helpful.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #22
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I wasn't aware of the rotation issue.

The output of:
Code:
cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
Might be helpful.
Things are getting confusing.
On my Touch (C), rotation is 0 when KSM is running; and 3 when nickel is running. When I run sketch with rotation = 0 (and the SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY and SKETCH_UNMIRROR_X set), the drawing on the screen is upright, and the saved png is rotated. When I run sketch with rotation = 3, the drawing is rotated, and the png is upright. I tried unsetting SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY and SKETCH_UNMIRROR_X but did not get both drawing on screen and png to be upright.

On my Touch (A) rotation is 0 when KSM is running, and also when nickel is running. When I run sketch (without the two variables set), the drawing is upright, and the png is rotated and there is something more that is difficult to describe (EDIT: this surplus is visible only on the png, not on the screen).
drawing-20170426_183531.png: I draw an upward arrow, only the head (no shaft, no bar); I draw it with two lines. (This does not sound credible, I guess.)
drawing-20170426_183809.png: I draw an upward arrow, consisting of head, shaft and bar (like U+21a5 Upwards Arrow From Bar on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(symbol)), I draw it with four lines
drawing-20170426_185600.png: I draw a line from left top to right bottom
EDIT: maybe I should also mention that my Touch (A) is running an rather old FW (2.6.1 or so)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drawing-20170426_183531.png
Views:	176
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	156388   Click image for larger version

Name:	drawing-20170426_183809.png
Views:	178
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	156389   Click image for larger version

Name:	drawing-20170426_185600.png
Views:	194
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	156390  

Last edited by tshering; 04-26-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #23
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've been watching this project. It's really cool, thanks for that!

Envoyé de mon SM-G800H en utilisant Tapatalk
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:35 AM   #24
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Things are getting confusing.
Thanks, indeed.

I'm afraid I don't see any obvious fix for this.

So I'm just going to suggest a post-processing workflow:
Code:
mogrify -rotate 90 drawing-*.png
Old 05-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #25
GuyDoodles
Semi-Newbie
GuyDoodles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I don't understand how to get this on my e-Reader. When I downloaded the .zip all I got was a folder called Icon inside a folder called Sketch. Is there a KoboRoot.tgz I can use?
GuyDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:05 AM   #26
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyDoodles View Post
I don't understand how to get this on my e-Reader. When I downloaded the .zip all I got was a folder called Icon inside a folder called Sketch. Is there a KoboRoot.tgz I can use?
The installation instructions are (cf. README.md):
  • Install fmon.
  • Unzip the archive to the root of the SD card.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:24 AM   #27
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
baskervile

Is there any way to make the line thicker?
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #28
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianUruguayan View Post
Is there any way to make the line thicker?
No, because I'm using the classic Bresenham algorithm to draw lines.

But I'm certain there must exist variants of this algorithm that handle thickness.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See http://kt8216.unixcab.org/murphy/index.html
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #30
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Thanks, I think I'd like a single dot to be a disk of diameter thickness though.

Last edited by baskerville; 03-26-2018 at 11:51 AM.