Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #76
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
FYI. Kobo libra 2 settings on Reducing footer and header height follows the Libra H2O and not the Dragon devices.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 11-26-2021 at 11:10 PM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #77
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
FYI. Kobo libra 2 settings on Reducing footer and header height follows the Libra H2O and not the Dragon devices.
Thanks for confirming this on a real Libra2. Other nickel patches are similarly "wrongly labelled" for the Libra2.

Hopefully they will all be corrected before the next kobopatch release (whenever that may be).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #78
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thanks for confirming this on a real Libra2. Other nickel patches are similarly "wrongly labelled" for the Libra2.

Hopefully they will all be corrected before the next kobopatch release (whenever that may be).

What other patches are these?
Old 11-27-2021, 03:47 PM   #79
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What other patches are these?
All of these from nickel.yaml:
  • Custom synopsis font size
  • Increase home screen cover size
  • Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area
  • Increase Book Details synopsis area
  • Increase library cover size
  • Custom collection/author header title font
  • Reduce new header/footer height
  • Custom header/footer captions
  • Custom page navigation scrubber
  • Series list increase cover thumbnails
  • New home screen subtitle custom font

The 8 blue bold patches (i.e. mine) were corrected earlier today in the master file at @geek1011's GitHub site ready for subsequent releases.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:26 AM   #80
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
All of these from nickel.yaml:
  • Custom synopsis font size
  • Increase home screen cover size
  • Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area
  • Increase Book Details synopsis area
  • Increase library cover size
  • Custom collection/author header title font
  • Reduce new header/footer height
  • Custom header/footer captions
  • Custom page navigation scrubber
  • Series list increase cover thumbnails
  • New home screen subtitle custom font

The 8 blue bold patches (i.e. mine) were corrected earlier today in the master file at @geek1011's GitHub site ready for subsequent releases.
Hmm. I use several of these patches on my Libra 2 and frankly I haven't even noticed that something was wrong. To me they seemed pretty much the same as on my Libra H2O.

But thank you for fixing them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2021, 05:16 AM   #81
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Can someone explain these tome:

1.Custom header/footer captions
2.Custom page navigation scrubber
3.New home screen subtitle custom font

I cannot understand the description the pat hes.

1. What and which are captions?
2. What is the navigation scrubber?
3. Which is referred to by homescreen subtitle?

These are not clear to me.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2021, 06:20 AM   #82
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hmm. I use several of these patches on my Libra 2 and frankly I haven't even noticed that something was wrong. To me they seemed pretty much the same as on my Libra H2O.
Apologies if I've worried you unnecessarily. There is nothing major wrong with the 4.30.18838 nickel.yaml patches. They will all work fine as-is for anyone who:
  • only changes 'Enabled: no' to 'Enabled: yes'
  • has a new Libra2 but has already changed some default values in some nickel.yaml patches to be "just right" for an older LibraH2O
  • has a new Elipsa but has already changed some default values in some nickel.yaml patches to be "just right" for an older AuraOne/Forma

The Libra2 "wrongly labelled" problem I referred to above will only be a problem if you decide a particular nickel.yaml patch as-is is not quite "perfect" for your Libra2 and you've never owned a LibraH2O. When you try to customise the patch with your new "perfect" values the help labels/comments are directing you to change the wrong value.

If you're interested, here's an example to illustrate what I mean. The red comments should be the blue comments.

Extract from current Reduce new header/footer height patch:
Code:
        # AuraHD/AuraH2O/AuraH202/ClaraHD/Elipsa/Libra2 (Dragon)
      - Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  min-height: 101px;\n  max-height: 101px;\n}"
        Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  min-height: 66px;\n  max-height: 66px;\n}"
        # AuraOne/Forma/Sage (Daylight)
      - Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  min-height: 131px;\n  max-height: 131px;\n}"
        Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  min-height: 86px;\n  max-height: 86px;\n}"
        # LibraH2O (Storm)
      - Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  min-height: 118px;\n  max-height: 118px;\n}"
        Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  min-height: 78px;\n  max-height: 78px;\n}"
and this is what it should be:
Code:
        # AuraHD/AuraH2O/AuraH202/GloHD/ClaraHD (Dragon)
      - Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  min-height: 101px;\n  max-height: 101px;\n}"
        Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  min-height: 66px;\n  max-height: 66px;\n}"
        # AuraOne/Forma/Sage/Elipsa (Daylight)
      - Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  min-height: 131px;\n  max-height: 131px;\n}"
        Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  min-height: 86px;\n  max-height: 86px;\n}"
        # LibraH2O/Libra2 (Storm)
      - Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  min-height: 118px;\n  max-height: 118px;\n}"
        Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  min-height: 78px;\n  max-height: 78px;\n}"
Old 11-28-2021, 06:38 AM   #83
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Thank you for explaining. Yep, I have never changed the default values in the patches, as they work just fine for me.

I'm very grateful for the hard work done on the patches. They're invaluable.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:43 AM   #84
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Can someone explain these tome:

1.Custom header/footer captions
2.Custom page navigation scrubber
3.New home screen subtitle custom font

<snip>
Short answers:
Quote:
1. What and which are captions?
Header and Footer text when reading a book.

Quote:
2. What is the navigation scrubber?
When reading a book and you tap the page to bring up the top/bottom menus, the navigation scrubber is the bottom pop-up containing access to TOC etc

Quote:
3. Which is referred to by homescreen subtitle?
On the Home screen the subtitles are the grey text captions containing:
  • 'x HOURS TO GO' for kepubs (but not shown for epubs) - top row
  • 'x BOOKS' under 'My Books' - middle row

Longer answer:
For patches 1 and 2, if you read the patch Description text in nickel.yaml, you will see a link to an older post containing screenshot images to help illustrate what the patch does.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #85
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Short answers:

Header and Footer text when reading a book.

When reading a book and you tap the page to bring up the top/bottom menus, the navigation scrubber is the bottom pop-up containing access to TOC etc

On the Home screen the subtitles are the grey text captions containing:
  • 'x HOURS TO GO' for kepubs (but not shown for epubs) - top row
  • 'x BOOKS' under 'My Books' - middle row

Longer answer:
For patches 1 and 2, if you read the patch Description text in nickel.yaml, you will see a link to an older post containing screenshot images to help illustrate what the patch does.

Thank you very much for the explanation.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #86
Deobulakenyo
Guru

I was looking at the older patch threads and I saw a patch talking about the info panel while sleeping.

Is there a patch like that for the latest version? I searched all patches here in 4.30 and i cannot find any.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #87
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I was looking at the older patch threads and I saw a patch talking about the info panel while sleeping.

Is there a patch like that for the latest version? I searched all patches here in 4.30 and i cannot find any.
Are you thinking of the "Allow showing info panel on random screensaver" in the libnickel.so.1.0.0 patches? This allows showing the info panel when using images from the .kobo/screensaver directory instead of the book covers. For showing the info panel with full screen bookcovers, the setting you want is in Settings => Energy saving and privacy => Show info panel of full screen covers.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:10 PM   #88
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are you thinking of the "Allow showing info panel on random screensaver" in the libnickel.so.1.0.0 patches? This allows showing the info panel when using images from the .kobo/screensaver directory instead of the book covers. For showing the info panel with full screen bookcovers, the setting you want is in Settings => Energy saving and privacy => Show info panel of full screen covers.
There did used to be a nickel patch which allowed you to re-position the info panel on the full screensaver page. Users typically wanted to move it to one of the 4 corners. Unfortunately Kobo removed the part of nickel CSS code which facilitated this. So, whilst it's still possible to patch the nickel CSS for the full screensaver display, moving the info panel isn't currently patch-able.

If enough people have a burning desire for some other as-yet-unknown modification I can have a look to see if it's do-able when I have the time.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:09 PM   #89
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
There did used to be a nickel patch which allowed you to re-position the info panel on the full screensaver page. Users typically wanted to move it to one of the 4 corners. Unfortunately Kobo removed the part of nickel CSS code which facilitated this. So, whilst it's still possible to patch the nickel CSS for the full screensaver display, moving the info panel isn't currently patch-able.

If enough people have a burning desire for some other as-yet-unknown modification I can have a look to see if it's do-able when I have the time.

Sorry i was not clear with my question. My question is about a patch that can reposition it and resize the info panel.

Edit. Semwise solved this for me.

Additional qquestion. Can the Home screen subtitles be darken a bit from their grayish color?

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 11-30-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #90
Deobulakenyo
Guru

In this code, how do I insert the replacement codes the font color for the Homescreen subtitle in the Libra 2?

Code:
New home screen subtitle custom font:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Increase subtitle font size, font color black. Works best when used
      with with patch `New home screen increasing cover size`
  - BaseAddress: 0x168120B # qss/GenericHomeWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlib: {Find: "MetaDataLabel {\n  color: #666666;\n  qproperty-indent: 0;\n}", Replace: "MetaDataLabel {\n  color: #000000;\n  qproperty-indent: 0;\n}"}
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 13px;\n}"
      Replace: "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 14px;\n}"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 17px;\n}"
      Replace: "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 18px;\n}"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 24px;\n}"
      Replace: "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 26px;\n}"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 31px;\n}"
      Replace: "MetaDataLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 34px;\n}"
is it like this?:

- ReplaceZlib:
Find: "MetaDataLabel {\n color: #666666;\n qproperty-indent: 0;\n}"
Replace: "MetaDataLabel {\n color: #332b2b;\n qproperty-indent: 0;\n}"

I don't get this part: qproperty-indent: 0;\n

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 11-30-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching