Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2020, 02:14 AM   #46
Vmack
Vmack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA H2O v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzza View Post
Si I finally decided to fork the project in order to make a pull request on github. You can get the package that includes my fix here. Just place the 'KoboRoot.tgz' archive in the '.kobo' folder of your Kobo reader and let the magic happen! Please make sure your 'eReader.conf' file contains the right line (see my post above or readme) before you install KoboCloud.
Thanks, it works But this line ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*? in the file eReader.conf deleted after reboot, why it happens?
Vmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:09 AM   #47
Wzza
Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmack View Post
Thanks, it works But this line ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*? in the file eReader.conf deleted after reboot, why it happens?
If I'm not mistaken, your can only have one 'ExcludeSyncFolders' line in the [FeatureSettings] section. Is that the case for you?
Wzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2020, 07:38 AM   #48
Vmack

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, your can only have one 'ExcludeSyncFolders' line in the [FeatureSettings] section. Is that the case for you?
Yes, all section [FeatureSettings] remove. There may be a bug in the firmware
Old 03-26-2020, 11:32 AM   #49
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Try changing the config, then (without disabling the USB) click turn off the device, disconnect the USB wire and turn on.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #50
Vmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Try changing the config, then (without disabling the USB) click turn off the device, disconnect the USB wire and turn on.
I was inattentive. Section [FeatureSettings] moved to the middle eReader.conf
Advert
Old 03-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's perfectly normal, that's just QSettings doing its job.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:10 AM   #52
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
I'll let the author see if he wants to include that change. In the mean time I could also upload the modified package if it's help to anyone.

Anyway thank you fsantini for this great mod !
Thank you very much for your contribution! Your pull request was merged; I will also create a distribution package shortly.
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:28 AM   #53
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It doesn't work for me . I put the link for google drive in the kobocloudrc folder but when i restarted the reader nothing happened.
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:33 AM   #54
waxmagner
waxmagner began at the beginning.

I'm using a Kobo Clara HD with firmware 4.20.14622 and I actually don't get the kobocloudrc folder appearing in the .kobo folder after I move the compiled KoboRoot.tgz file there.

Any ideas why?

I haven't installed any other plugins or firmware changes.
waxmagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #55
Wzza
Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Wzza could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

@waxmagner
'kobocloudrc' is a file that should appear inside the newly created '.adds/KoboCloud' directory after you reboot your ereader. The current readme does not yet reflect (my bad, I've made another pull request to fix that) the modification (from .kobo to .adds) of the installation folder that was recently made.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:00 AM   #56
waxmagner
waxmagner began at the beginning.

@Wzza it works! I found the .adds folder, kobocloudrc file and added the dropbox share URL. The sync is working successfully.

Super cool work, thank you very much!
waxmagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #57
TominatorBE
TominatorBE began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2
I'm excited to test this as soon as the latest PR and tgz are available (as I'm on windows which is just a bother to run shell scripts)!
I've seen in the code how the dropbox script works, so I was wondering how hard it would be to add a script that can accept a regular apache2 file listing, to host files on a regular webserver with an open directory. I guess the if-statement would need to be more generic:

else
`dirname $0`/getOwncloudFiles.sh "$url" "$Lib"
fi

would not cut it anymore.
TominatorBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #58
Wzza

@TominatorBE
In the mean time you can get the updated package from my repo here.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:15 AM   #59
TominatorBE
TominatorBE began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2
Sorry for the dumb question that isn't specifically for this thread: my kobo seems to have a .addons folder, you mention a .adds folder, and someone on github mentions a .add folder to be even better. Are we sure that .adds is the best one?
TominatorBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:18 AM   #60
Wzza

@TominatorBE
It doesn't really matter. So 'add' is apparently a built-in exclusion. I went for 'adds' because that's what a reasonable amount of kobo mods and apps use. This by itself already requires the proper exclusion line to be present in the .conf file.

In fact, anyone could change the installation directory by editing 'usr\local\kobocloud\config_kobo.sh' from within the package.

Tags
cloud, dropbox, google drive, pcloud