Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 01:23 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Do you guys think it will b possible to use this as a secondary monitor like the Ony Boox Max 2/3 ?
Is 10.3 a little too snall for that purpose ?
It can certainly be used as a secondary monitor via the HDMI port as can be seen in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdzZNNjQ_s

Whether it is big enough or not would depend on your particular needs. For myself, I suspect that it wouldn't be quite big enough. I'd personally prefer a 24" screen or larger.

Last edited by Question Mark; 07-14-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have just stumbled on a YT video (from Manuel Zeiler) that compares Hisense Q5 vs. PixelQi (plus a glimpse of the Hisense A5C Pro).
The author states: «The Hisense Q5 has clearly the best contrast and fastest response time. I would say it is a 10x improvement to the old PixelQi tech»

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4dJu2_ur8

mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #18
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just watches those videos. Very interesting. Especially since this technology is cheaper to make than E- ink, I assume. If they decide to make a bigger screen a la 13.3 inches or even upwards with a HDMI for monitor function (which they seem to already have done)- they'll have my attention even more. It would be a great alternative to the ever so overpriced Onyx devices.

Last edited by tracey1; 07-14-2020 at 10:21 PM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #19
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
But it seems to be grayer than e-ink
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #20
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Since today I'm a happy owner of it bought it on Aliexpres when it randomly appeared on my screen during 11.11 sale.

I'm really positively surprised how nice it is.

To begin with, the device require a decent ambient light. I have a light meter UT383 so I can give you more precise numbers.

Today was a cloudy day so my room wasn't particularly well illuminated but I definitely could read a newspaper, a printed one, enjoying my morning coffee. The device however was too dark to read comfortably, I had to keep it vertically parallel to the window to have a good easy to read view. The light meter read ~50 lux.

Next I switched on a desk lamp but honestly I couldn't find a way to position the screen towards the lamp in such a way to have it well illuminated but without strong light reflection from the screen surface. (see the video 3 posts above mine, that's what I'm talking about)

However with my regular ceiling light it's quite okeyish to read on this tablet, but definitely better when I stand up. Seating the light meter reads ~110 lux, standing 160 lux. I'm going to improve my room lightning.

Outdoors the light meter measured ~1500 lux and the screen looks absolutely awesome in such lightning condition.

With good lightning conditions I really love to use it. It's easy to read like an e-ink but it's fast. That's the perfect device for reading! Sure, reading books on e-ink is really good especially novels because you read them forward only. I use my Onyx Max 2 to read technical PDFs and sometimes I'm upset how slow it is to flip between pages, especially when going backwards. However browsing web or using Max 2 as a monitor, nay.

The background of the display is kind of creamy-grey color, however the contrast is really high. The letters feels crystal clear. In fact I'm surprised because technically the resolution isn't super high, but again I'm happy with FullHD on 14" laptop, it's perhaps similar ppi.

I've spent quite a time configuring it, throwing all the built-in apps into a "Garbage" folder, installing F-Droid to get a bunch of apps like OpenBoard to begin with, installing Bromite browser, and all seems quite good now.

I also have the pen but honestly don't have much use for it. I have to look for a reader app similar to the one on Onyx Max. Speaking of which, I tried reading some PDFs, it's not bad despite only 10" when you can instantly zoom and rotate the device.

In summary, it's going to be my number one device to read daily news from the web, but it's quite possible that I'll use it more often than I imagined. Max2 is quite cumbersome to carry with you so most likely for reading on the go I'll use this tablet from now on.

UPDATE:
It's been a few days I'm having it. There's only one shortcoming which I noticed using it more often: the screen doesn't have excellent viewing angles in every direction. The excellent viewing goes in the direction
- landscape: front -> bottom (i.e. camera on top)
- portrait: front->right (usb socket on top).
The other two directions have ~30º viewing angle above that the screen is loosing contrast.

Last edited by plusz; 11-29-2021 at 04:28 PM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:15 PM   #21
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Hisense Q5 exposes pogo-pins. I'm looking for guide what can I do with it
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #22
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Add a frontlight there and I will buy it instantly
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:44 AM   #23
charlie - uk
Enthusiast
charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox T68 & I86 HD ML+, Hisense A5,A5CC,Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Hisense Q5 exposes pogo-pins. I'm looking for guide what can I do with it
Many of the Hisense Tablets have Pogo Pins. It seems they are for integration with commercial EPOS devices. Hisense don't appear to offer yet Keyboard Cases that can be used with them. It would be nice if they could be used for charging, but they don't seem to conform to any USB to Pogo Pin Cables that I have seen for sale...
charlie - uk is offline   Reply With Quote