Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 03:57 AM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Bluetooth Page Clicker

Any good Bluetooth clicker recommendations, currently I'm using a BT selfie stick which works with the Kindle app but a bit bulky.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could this work.

https://www.amazon.com/BEBONCOOL-Pre.../dp/B07QTX1YKT
Old 01-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Gibbo
Guru

Went for this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...747d4c4dSTk7Z0
Old 01-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #4
Gibbo
Guru

Received it this morning it works but an arrow pointer appears leaving a trail see video.

https://youtu.be/x6qP_kTtJB4

Any idea how it can be removed, I have a selfie stick remote and it doesn't show.

Also the same thing happens on my android tablet (Moonreader plus Kindle app) but it doesn't on my galaxy S8, hmm.

Last edited by Gibbo; 01-29-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #5
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Received it this morning it works but an arrow pointer appears leaving a trail see video.

https://youtu.be/x6qP_kTtJB4

Any idea how it can be removed, I have a selfie stick remote and it doesn't show.
No idea how to change that. I use

https://www.amazon.com/LZYDD-Wireles...0315031&sr=8-1

Works great. I use a wrist strap on it.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:47 AM   #6
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
No idea how to change that. I use

https://www.amazon.com/LZYDD-Wireles...0315031&sr=8-1

Works great. I use a wrist strap on it.
£17 for a page turner for me is expensive, the one I have is from AliExpress and it was only £4.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Looks nice actually and a great price. Is there a manual? You need to keep the arrow off the page or turned off completely. It is clearly there to allow you to click on specific items to use as a remote for a tablet. Perhaps you can get a refresh to clear the page. Thanks for the pointer. I think I want one .

What made you pick this one? They had other cheaper ones.

Last edited by DaleDe; 01-30-2020 at 02:05 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #8
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
£17 for a page turner for me is expensive, the one I have is from AliExpress and it was only £4.
\\

I understand. The one I use is rechargeable so doesn't need batteries, and I need a place to attach a wrist strap so if I drop it in the dark it's not lost in the bedding. Thus my choice. When I bought it, it was 12.99.

Last edited by jscris; 01-30-2020 at 04:23 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:16 AM   #9
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Looks nice actually and a great price. Is there a manual? You need to keep the arrow off the page or turned off completely. It is clearly there to allow you to click on specific items to use as a remote for a tablet. Perhaps you can get a refresh to clear the page. Thanks for the pointer. I think I want one .

What made you pick this one? They had other cheaper ones.
Tried refreshing the screen but still there but whats so strange is that the arrow shows on the nova pro and the nvidia tablet but doesn't on the galaxy S8+, .

As why I picked that one?, it was small and liked the design.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #10
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
\\

I understand. The one I use is rechargeable so doesn't need batteries, and I need a place to attach a wrist strap so if I drop it in the dark it's not lost in the bedding. Thus my choice. When I bought it, it was 12.99.
I apologise for my comment everyone is entitled to spend whatever amount they want and saying that I eat my own words as I've bought the following https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 satechi bluetooth media button which costs more than what jscris paid for his.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bluetooth-media-button-remotes-satechi-730340_700x700.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	176906  

Last edited by Gibbo; 02-04-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I use a Fintie bluetooth multi-media remote. But I got it years ago. I don't think they make it any more.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #12
Gibbo
Guru

I've just noticed that using the Bluetooth clicker the pages turn faster than physically touching the screen (at least with the Kindle app)
Old 05-23-2021, 01:58 AM   #13
Gibbo
Guru

Bought a Bluetooth ring pager turner for the Kindle app but there's about a 3 second delay, can the latency be reduced?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Portable-Bluetooth-5-0-Smart-Remote-Control-Ring-PPT-Page-Turner-Mouse-Bluetooth-Phone-Remote-C.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	187274  
Old 09-10-2021, 06:52 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
3 seconds is ridiculous. It's probably gone to sleep and has to reconnect.
That's often a problem with "selfie" style clickers because they often time out after a minute.
Presenter-ish things usually have a longer time out.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:39 AM   #15
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i am lo0oking for something to use which sheet music PDFs, in adobe acrobat.

running in full screen view ( with a monitor screen as a virtual music stand that software will only respond to page UP, page Down keys for previous, next page.

i have mostly sorted the library aspectr of having all my scores in calibre, all as PDF, next up is finding a good page turner solution.

& I am pretty sure some of the cheapo devices send left , right ( which works for powerpoint, but not for acrobat)

I prefer to stick with acrobat reader because the android tablet version is very similar to the windows PC
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote