Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 06:22 AM   #1
E.CLE
E.CLE began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURO H2O
ebook-meta.exe --index

PROBLEM:

Using the command-line tool ebook-meta, I am trying to both enter new data and delete existing data.
Inserting or changing new data goes without any problems. DELETING existing data also works except for 'series index' (-i --index).

I am using these parameters:
Code:
-s "" -i ""
-s "" -i "0"
-s "" -i 0
-s "" -i "0.0"
To check its result I use the free tool 'Epub Metadata Editor'. With that, I do have the ability to empty the index.

Is this problem due to myself? Or is it a bug?
Would like feedback, please.

Sincerely
E.CLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well I dont think calibre bothers to delete the index when the series is deleted, its meaningless anyway.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert