Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
glazwegian
glazwegian is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color, Sony PRS-350(silver)
Found: excellent fitting inexpensive case

I've been looking everywhere for a cover/case(like many of you) for my PRS-350 that I recently purchased.

I finally found one in an unexpected place - Radio Shack. The case is made by Merkury Innovations and sells for $9.97. It is called an eBook Mini Sport Sleeve for Sony Reader Pocket Edition. The model number is: M-SPC110. This information should be enough for anyone not living near a Radio Shack to, hopefully, find one if they desire.

The picture on the cardboard advertising sleeve of the cover shows a PRS-300, like many other covers I've seen. However, I don't see how a PRS-300 would fit, since my PRS-350 fits PERFECTLY, without any excess space in which to slide up and down, or side to side.

The cover itself is made from neoprene and leather(faux I presume) and adds almost no bulk to the reader, while offering very good protection. It has a dual zipper which allows for charging while still in the case. The lining is made from a scratch free material and is padded on the front, back and around all four edges(this really helps protect the reader). There is also a very small pocket with zipper on one outside face. About the only thing you could fit into it would be some folded paper money, a few coins, or a SD card(which the PRS-350 can't use anyway). However, it's there just the same.

Obviously, you have to remove the reader from this type case in order to use it. I love the look and feel of the PRS-350, however, and enjoy taking it out to use it. It's an absolute jewel that's cannot be fully appreciated when enclosed in a case. And, I especially like the excellent fit and protection my reader gets with this type case when it's not in use.

All in all, I think this case is a very good option for the PRS-350, especially considering the price and dearth of options we have out there.
glazwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

would you kindly share a few photos of the case and the reader with us?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I was curious as well, but couldn't find it online at Radio Shack. I did find this info at Merkury Innovations' website though. It probably does fit the 350. I ordered an M-Edge case made for the 300 (this one) expecting it to be too big but the fit is pretty near perfect.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Is it a sleeve or a cover the Sony can be read in?

Edit: Doh. On second look, I see it. "Obviously, you have to remove the reader from this type case in order to use it."
I'm sorry. Thought i read the whole post. Guess I'm so eager to find a cover to read it in, I jumped the gun.

Last edited by Piper_; 04-01-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
. I ordered an M-Edge case made for the 300 (this one) expecting it to be too big but the fit is pretty near perfect.
That is strange. I have my PRS-300 in the same case and comparing the case to my friends PRS-350, it looked like a no fit.

Would you mind posting a pic of your set-up please? Love to see how it all works together.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
When I put the reader inside the M-Edge case, I can push it up or down slightly with my finger inside, so there is a little leeway, but very little. Once the sides are zipped up though, it's really a pretty good fit, that extra 1/2" really doesn't matter at all. It's very well protected, and I don't have to be careful sliding it in or out of a tight fit. It's a nice comfortable fit to me and I'm happy with it. Here's pics of the fit in case it helps you decide.

When I don't need that much protection for it depending on where I go, I still prefer the Sony cover made for it that opens like a book and I don't have to pull it out to read, just flip the cover open and back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0134ss.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	69360   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0128ss.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	69361   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0140ss.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	69362  
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Many thanks!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by glazwegian View Post
I've been looking everywhere for a cover/case(like many of you) for my PRS-350 that I recently purchased.

I finally found one in an unexpected place - Radio Shack. The case is made by Merkury Innovations and sells for $9.97. It is called an eBook Mini Sport Sleeve for Sony Reader Pocket Edition.

<snip>

All in all, I think this case is a very good option for the PRS-350, especially considering the price and dearth of options we have out there.
Thank you for this recommendation! I just bought a PRS-350 for reading on the go and got the cover with light, but what I really wanted was a slimline case that wouldn't add much bulk and would let the reader live safely in my purse. I was gobsmacked to discover that there ain't such an animal. This will do me very well indeed and I love, love the price. I hate ereader covers that approach the price of an additional ereader, because that's just silly (IMO, of course).
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Nards Barley
Nards Barley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch
Case for PRS-350

I was checking out ebay for cases. While I haven't purchased one, it appears this case for the Archos 5 tablet is pretty close size wise. Being that it is a hard case, it my be a good option for someone traveling and needs more protection for the case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1801wt_1139

If I decide to buy it I will update the thread.
Nards Barley is offline   Reply With Quote