Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
seantmitch
seantmitch began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Send web articles to Kindle without losing author's name

Hi, I frequently use the "Push to Kindle" Chrome plugin and Android app to send articles from the internet to my kindle (2nd gen Oasis). I'm not talking about PDFs, just webpages with text. Unfortunately, although the article text comes through great, the author's name never does. And I frequently want to know who the authors are when I turn to reading the articles on my Kindle. Does anyone know of tools (for Chrome and Android) that will send articles to the Kindle, while retaining author names? Thanks!
seantmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
The Chrome plugin is the best tool to send web pages to a Kindle.
It allows editing of the article title and author manually.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You’d need to somehow get the author’s name in there as metadata. The only thing that occurs to me (and it wouldn’t work on Android) would be to use a tool like Calibre to convert the web page to mobi format, edit the metadata appropriately, and then send that to the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
seantmitch

Thanks, all! hius07's reply pointed out to me that you can modify the metadata when using push to Kindle in Chrome. So I guess I'll do that and try not to send articles from my Android (unless anyone has a suggestion about Android). Thanks again to both of you.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
On Android I use Yandex Browser which supports all native Chrome plugins.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
Vabrain
Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
Hi,

You may want to try EpubPress (https://epub.press/).

I use this heavily to send web articles to my Kindle Paperwhite 2015.

Try it and let me know if it fits your workflow.
Vabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
seantmitch

Thanks, Vabrain. Nice tool. It's not quite what I want, since I'm interested in only sending specific tabs to my Kindle. But the solution of changing the metadata with Push to Kindle on Chrome seems to be a decent workaround.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
jaguarpaw
jaguarpaw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 6
Hi Guys, I am a new member on this forum.

I also prefer to store web articles on Kindle and it has really helped me to make a repository of relevant information on my Kindle. It has really helped me in preparing for job interviews because reading on Kindle is really much more comfortable than reading on mobile or pc.

I have also written an android app that searches the web pages on a particular topic and downloads them in bulk.
I have also written websites specific algorithms to removeclutter from web page so that you get a clean web page with only relevant content.

I have also added functionality to merge web pages and extracting all images from the web page in a single click.

Can you guys suggest some more features to add to make this app a popular product?
jaguarpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #9
Vabrain
Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.Vabrain got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantmitch View Post
Thanks, Vabrain. Nice tool. It's not quite what I want, since I'm interested in only sending specific tabs to my Kindle. But the solution of changing the metadata with Push to Kindle on Chrome seems to be a decent workaround.
You're right, looking back at your first post. I'm glad you found a workaround that works for you.

If you wanted to send specific tabs, you could just open a new window of your browser and move the specific tabs there. Invoke the extension on that window and it'll only send those specific tabs.
Vabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I copy & paste web pages into my WP
or I save the Webpage.
Then make eBooks with Calibre.
I then have total control.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:53 AM   #11
jaguarpaw
jaguarpaw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantmitch View Post
Hi, I frequently use the "Push to Kindle" Chrome plugin and Android app to send articles from the internet to my kindle (2nd gen Oasis). I'm not talking about PDFs, just webpages with text. Unfortunately, although the article text comes through great, the author's name never does. And I frequently want to know who the authors are when I turn to reading the articles on my Kindle. Does anyone know of tools (for Chrome and Android) that will send articles to the Kindle, while retaining author names? Thanks!
Are you able to see the web pages with images on kindle or images are stripped?

Last edited by jaguarpaw; 12-22-2018 at 12:44 PM.
jaguarpaw is offline   Reply With Quote