Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
New To Max 2

I'm new to Max 2. I've tried to learn as much as I can by reading this and other forums. I'd like some advice about buying accessories please.

1. Can I recharge the Max 2 using a powerbank and what kind should I buy? (Ideally I'd like to find a portable UPS that can power a mini PC as well as the Max 2 while on the move but that combination seems very difficult to find.)

2. I'd like to use the internet away from home and thought about buying a mobile wifi device but could I connect the Max 2 to a Windows smart phone and use its internet connection? That way I could use my SIM data via the phone instead of buying another device.

3. I have the hard cover for Max 2 but I'd like a laptop bag or equivalent that fitted the Max 2. Has anyone found a bag that fits the Max 2?

The Max 2 is really great for those of us who experience eye stain when using LED screens. I was doubtful about it's capabilities but since using it I'm impressed. I don't find the e-ink screen too slow for typing but it would be great if Onyx updated Max 2 so we could connect storage devices without using a workaround. I like to save docs to multiple devices just in case one copy becomes corrupted. My concern is that the Max 2 (or any device) isn't completely reliable when saving docs and the ability to save to a storage device would reduce the risk of losing a days edits. I also wish I could connect at home using ethernet and not wifi which isn't as secure.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:44 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
2. I'd like to use the internet away from home and thought about buying a mobile wifi device but could I connect the Max 2 to a Windows smart phone and use its internet connection? That way I could use my SIM data via the phone instead of buying another device
If you have a mobile device which can provide a Wi-Fi hotspot, you do not need further sources for Internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
it would be great if Onyx updated Max 2 so we could connect storage devices without using a workaround. I like to save docs to multiple devices just in case one copy becomes corrupted [...] the ability to save to a storage device would reduce the risk of losing a days edits
You are always supposed to make as many backup copies as possible. Assuming you also have a desktop system or similar, the storage sharing is one cable away. BlueTooth based (small) file exchange is not particularly a hassle.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
You can also sync your documents via Dropbox with FolderSync
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote