Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Does anyone know which BeBook firmware would work with the http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ version of the EZReader? It comes with Firmware version: V2.11Astak.091021

I can't find any firmware downloads on the Astak site and I'm not sure if I should install the BeBook ONE 2009 or 2010 firmware. My mother just took advantage of the lower price and I would hate to brick it too quickly.
The BeBook 2010 firmware is the one. The V3+ is the latest model and has 16 levels of greyscale and a 400mhz processor, and was released as the BeBook 2010.

Funny, their website says the firmware wont work on the 2009 (which is true) or the 2011. Never knew of a 2011 model. Their refurbed BeBook One is the 09 model, so I suppose that is what they mean hmmm

You can also look at the LBook firmware (may need to use google translate on the page). Very good firmware too IMHO. One of the best things about these line of ereaders is you can try a firmware, don't like it? Reflash with another.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #17
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
The BeBook 2010 firmware is the one. The V3+ is the latest model and has 16 levels of greyscale and a 400mhz processor, and was released as the BeBook 2010.
Thank you for the fast reply! I have the BeBook One from 2010 but Mum couldn't resist the price of the EZReader. I knew I would be able to change the firmware if needed so told her to go for it.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #18
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Just to let you know there are many similar devices sold for $57 on geeks.com:
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?Cat=1255

I didn't buy them because I felt the screen is not that much different from the Sony PRS-505 reader I have now!

I ended up buying a jetbook, which I'm very happy with, despite the lower resolution. For text, it's just as good as an e-ink. For PDF, just as bad.

My next e-ink device will have to be a 9" device!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #19
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Don't forget OpenInkPot firmware was originally designed for the V3 and the V3+...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
One of the best things about these line of ereaders is you can try a firmware, don't like it? Reflash with another.
And, not only that, if the firmware you try to use doesn't work for whatever reason (wrong model, defective SD(HC) card, etc.), you can always do it again with another version and unbrick it. In other words, it can't be permanently bricked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Don't forget OpenInkPot firmware was originally designed for the V3 and the V3+...
V3, yes; V3+, no.
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclough View Post
And, not only that, if the firmware you try to use doesn't work for whatever reason (wrong model, defective SD(HC) card, etc.), you can always do it again with another version and unbrick it. In other words, it can't be permanently bricked.

V3, yes; V3+, no.
Sorry, my bad. I confused the V3ext with the V3+...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #22
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
I have 6" Astak EZ Reader , gently used, fully functional, with all accessories- leather cover, charger, SD card in original package. I may consider selling it if you are still interested.

Last edited by irenas; 12-20-2011 at 05:10 PM.
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Geeks.com has 5" Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro for $57.49, with free shipping.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...at=CON&cpc=JAD

Bernie
Thanks for the Link

I ordered a black one (cheaper still) to replace my tired/beat up PEz

Same old package. Has the newer grey inside, case
the Firmware did not support MP3 or TTS
I got some nice firmware (slow: 57Kbps) from the Jinke (factory) support page

download from http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E.../update_v5.asp

Description: (2010-04-01 version)

1.Support XPDF read and ADOBE PDF read.
2.Support 9 X zoom in PDF and EPUB files.
3.Support mp3 sound adjust while playing background through the thumblewheel.
4.Support Swedish and Thai in lanugage settings.

Has MP3 support
No TTS

Nice speed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #24
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Ok, so I replaced my Jetbook with an EZReader Pocket Pro;it has F/W V4 on it, WITH TTS,
Love to have the capacity of TTS!

Any reason why to upgrade?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote