Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #166
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Doitsu, I was getting the message that Epub Chek 4.1 was available in Sigil. So I followed your instructions on the first page of this thread but I wasn't able to select the "Bundled" python. Still I was able to get 4.1, so that's okay, right? And I was looking in the General Settings--should I be using the CSS Level 2.1. (I don't do any epub3s.) Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #167
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
So I followed your instructions on the first page of this thread but I wasn't able to select the "Bundled" python.
On Linux machines, the Use Bundled Python option is not available. As DiapDealer has already pointed out, you'll need to click the Auto button, if the ≥Python 3.4: box is empty. If it already contains a path, there's nothing you need to do. I.e., if one plugin works, most other plugins will work, too. (Some require additional Python libraries, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
And I was looking in the General Settings--should I be using the CSS Level 2.1.
The CSS Level setting is ignored by the EpubCheck plugin; it only affects the Tools > Validate Stylesheets With W3C menu option. (For epub2 books, you should select CSS Level 2.1.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:21 PM   #168
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
On Linux machines, the Use Bundled Python option is not available. As DiapDealer has already pointed out, you'll need to click the Auto button, if the ≥Python 3.4: box is empty. If it already contains a path, there's nothing you need to do. I.e., if one plugin works, most other plugins will work, too. (Some require additional Python libraries, though.)

The CSS Level setting is ignored by the EpubCheck plugin; it only affects the Tools > Validate Stylesheets With W3C menu option. (For epub2 books, you should select CSS Level 2.1.)
Thanks Doitsu. I'm all good then.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #169
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Can the EPUBCheck v4.2.0 (alpha 1) test relese be dropped-in on my installation, or would the plugin need to be updated?
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #170
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsalomon View Post
Can the EPUBCheck v4.2.0 (alpha 1) test relese be dropped-in on my installation, or would the plugin need to be updated?
The plugin will also work with the EPUBCheck v4.2.0 (alpha 1) release. Simply rename or delete epubcheck.jar and the lib folder and copy epubcheck.jar and the lib folder from the alpha version to the plugin folder.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #171
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Greetings!

I'm trying to get the validation results window to dock at the top of the main window instead of the bottom.

I tried moving it to the top of the window but I can't get it to stick/dock up there. However, I am able to get other widgets, like Book Browser, Preview, and Table of Contents to dock at the top.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:52 AM   #172
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Any idea what am I doing wrong?
It was on purpose.
Validation results window can be docked only to bottom.

Code:
setAllowedAreas(Qt::BottomDockWidgetArea);
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:26 PM   #173
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, thank you. This is in the Sigil app code rather than the plugin code? (If so, it's definitely beyond my limited tech skills )
Old 04-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #174
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Okay, thank you. This is in the Sigil app code rather than the plugin code? (If so, it's definitely beyond my limited tech skills )
Yes, it's code from ValidationResultsView.cpp file.
A small change is enough:
Code:
setAllowedAreas(Qt::BottomDockWidgetArea | Qt::TopDockWidgetArea);
I checked today and it turns out that validation window on top is pretty cool.
When making corrections, you do not look at the bottom of the screen, but under the toolbars and over Code View.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:10 PM   #175
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Can you create an official Sigil Github pull request? If it's just a simple change @KevinH or @DiapDealer will most likely approve it for the next version.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #176
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Yes, it's code from ValidationResultsView.cpp file.
A small change is enough:
Code:
setAllowedAreas(Qt::BottomDockWidgetArea | Qt::TopDockWidgetArea);
When making corrections, you do not look at the bottom of the screen, but under the toolbars and over Code View.
Thank you! I found ValidationResultsView.cpp, but building Sigil is definitely beyond my skill set.

What's the best way to request this change in the next Sigil release? Should I start a new thread? PM DiapDealer and KevinH? Figure out how to post on GitHub?

Oops! Doitsu beat me to this. Thank you!

Last edited by odamizu; 04-30-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #177
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...b3acd3a4331a50
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #178
odamizu
just an egg

Thank you muchly everyone!

Last edited by odamizu; 05-04-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #179
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

The DAISY Consortium has released a new version: EPUBCheck v4.2.1.

To get this update, go to the EpubCheck preferences folder (Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location), Edit EpubCheck.json, add/change the following entry:

Code:
  "github": true,
save EpubCheck.json and run the EpubCheck plugin. This should initiate the auto-update code that I added in the last version, which'll automatically download the latest EPUBCheck version from the W3C Github website.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #180
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The DAISY Consortium has released a new version: EPUBCheck v4.2.1.
As Bill and Ted would say: Excellent!

I also turned on the clipboard thing; I've always wanted to see those messages that flew by.

What does the usage flag do when it's on?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote