Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 11:05 PM   #61
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
A French Quarter Alphabet.

A charming, really charming book that not only has lots of cool watercolor illustrations, but also tries to teach children about New Orleans by using letters of the alphabet. Honestly, I like the ebook so much that I'm going to grab a copy for myself!

Since the preview goes from "A" to "E," I wish to add an entry for "F":

F -- Flood. Terrible one. What happened in 2005 because idiot government officials did not build the levy walls as high as they knew that they would need to be if a storm like Katrina ever hit.

https://www.amazon.com/French-Quarte...dp/B01N18KD6X/.
Also free in UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N18KD6X/

And Canada
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N18KD6X/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:53 AM   #62
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Thanks for supplying those.

Even though you live in the U.K., I always appreciate you going to the trouble to look up the U.S. and Canadian and ? links, also. Makes me a little embarassed that I don't do the same for my posts, though, but I usually can get over it quickly.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-07-2017 at 01:55 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #63
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tortillas & Peanut Butter: True Confessions of an American Mom Turned Mexican Smuggler. Free.

MOVED TO THE UNDER $3.00 NON-FICTION THREAD, WHERE IT BELONGS.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-08-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #64
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free again, ponies, ponies, ponies

All that Glitters by KM Peyton and Maggie Raynor

A fabulously funny story about two scruffy ponies, fancy dressage horses, competition, friendships, adventure and buried treasure, that will appeal to boys and girls who love ponies and life outdoors!

Written by the well renowned author KM Peyton MBE and said to be one of her best.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VQKPKQ2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VQKPKQ2

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00VQKPKQ2
Old 04-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #65
Little.Egret
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for supplying those.

Even though you live in the U.K., I always appreciate you going to the trouble to look up the U.S. and Canadian and ? links, also. Makes me a little embarassed that I don't do the same for my posts, though, but I usually can get over it quickly.
I do my best but I can't always get good information on the US price and availability.

You see Amazon.com covers not just the US but is the 'Mother Ship' to all the world, especially those who don't have their own Amazon Store or want to pay in US dollars or have a Spanish or English language web interface.

So their smart server gives different results depending on where in the world it thinks you reside, oops.
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 02:31 AM   #66
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Tortillas & Peanut Butter: True Confessions of an American Mom Turned Mexican Smuggler. Free.

Supposed to be a humorous--not serious--book.

Looks like a real winner, based on stratospheric ratings, even though it's a self-pub. Get it now and beat the rush. And, while it's free.

Synopsis
A suburban housewife liberates herself from her peanut-butter-and-jelly life and flees to Mexico. While battling the cultural quirks that send less adventurous souls hightailing it back to the U.S., she struggles to learn Spanish, cope with foreign customs, raise her children, and run a school. Using her wily wit and gift for gab to outfox the government officials, she smuggles U.S. merchandise to boost her income. But not all of her smuggling tricks and tactics go as planned.

- Covers multicultural issues, including the women’s movement & the 1960s cultural revolution, immigrant adjustment & adaptation, immigrant parenting, identity development in 1st generation children of immigrants, minority group issues (racism, sexism, prejudice), values & attitudes in individualist vs. interdependent cultures, diverse customs & mores, time orientation (past/present/future), activity mode (being/becoming/doing), social relations (hierarchical/collateral/individual), relationship to nature (fate/destiny/genetics vs. personal mastery/self-efficacy), cultural evolution & expatriate re-integration, culture shock.
Here's the URL: https://www.amazon.com/Tortillas-Pea.../dp/B01FH51J66
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:12 AM   #67
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thanks. Sorry for the oversight.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:29 AM   #68
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

And I meant to post that on the Under $3.00 thread. I'm moving it now. I don't think that it qualifies in the least as a Children's/YA book.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #69
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
The Boxcar Children Mysteries Box Set: Books One Through Twelve on sale today for $3.99*. (Appears to be US only.)
*For some bizarre reason, it's being listed as $3.03 on Google.

This is an Open Road Media book and couponable at kobo.

I was able to use the 75% code on the front page of the kobo discount thread successfully with this. Though, this series is well worth the $4 without it.

Kobo US
Amazon US
Google US

Last edited by peachiekene; 04-16-2017 at 10:24 AM.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #70
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Betsy-Tacy Treasury

The Betsy-Tacy Treasury (the first four books in one volume) is $1.99 for Kindle:

https://www.amazon.com/Betsy-Tacy-Tr.../dp/B005FFV2Y8
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:35 PM   #71
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I remember a set of Junior Classics being in our house during the time that I was growing up since, well, forever. With a publication date of 1907, they were already very old when I was growing up. They were already old when my father and mother grew up. I don't know where they came from, but the memory of that set in our house for all of those years is indelible.

The stories in these books are basically abridgments, I think. Don't lightly dismiss these--the President of Harvard and the editor of the Harvard Classics were a part of the project. This is a classic set of (abridged) classic books!

Get the whole set, in 6 PDF downloads, from Homeschool Freebie of the Day's website (you'll need to scroll down a little way, because there have been other Homeschool Freebies of the Day since this one was posted).

I have just downloaded all of these volumes myself. Why? There are some times when I need to read a classic book. But being a hater of all things fiction, I don't want to have to read the complete book! Just let me read the condensed version, please!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-27-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:35 AM   #72
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Magic Steps by Tamora Pierce (Circle Opens #1) is currently 99c in the US

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/magic-steps
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Steps-C.../dp/B005HE2REG

This is the first book of the Circle Opens quartet which follows the previous Circle of Magic quartet series. Age group teens

Lady Sandrilene fa Toren knows all about unusual magic--she herself spins and weaves it like thread. But when she witnesses a boy dancing a spell, even she is confounded. To her dismay she gets news of a mysterious murderer stalking a clan of local merchants. The killer employs the strangest magic of all: the ability to reduce essence to nothingness. As the murders mount and the killer grows bolder, Sandry's teaching takes on a grave purpose. It becomes clear to everyone that the killings can only be stopped by the combined magic of two people: the young teacher and her even younger student.
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #73
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new Humble Bundle:

Humble Book Bundle Make: Essentials Maker Faire Special contains assorted craft/hobby/practical self-education books from the popular DIY tech magazine, including two new cartoon books about woodworking and electricity especially for younger readers, plus titles about family projects, making your own toys and musical instruments, and assembling your own instructional home laboratory from readily-available items, among other things which may be of interest to science/engineering-oriented kids.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:53 PM   #74
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
99¢ YA/teen books from HarperCollins

A bunch of popular YA novels published by HarperCollins are on sale for 99¢ at U.S. Kindle. I don't have a complete list, but many are atop the Most Watched By Others - Teen & Young Adult list at EreaderIQ.
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #75
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials Book 1) — $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FC1ICM

The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials Book 2) — $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FC1KJS

The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials Book 3) — $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FC1GJW
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote