Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 12:36 AM   #106
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, the drag'n drop approach probably skipped hidden directories, which means stuff didn't actually get installed .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #107
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
okay it finally worked thank you. After each step I told myself "DID YOU DO THIS YOU IDIOT" and then I said Yes each time and it worked
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #108
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PSA for new Forma owners:

See the gory details in the FBInk post, but, until proven otherwise, assume the current KFMon version *may* behave erratically on the Forma, for various and sundry potential reasons.

Those would be "harmless" failures, though (i.e.: KFMon not working properly or at all, and that's it, nothing untoward should happen to your device).

But, again, I'd let things settle for a few days if you're new to the joy of Kobo shenanigans .

NOTE: I'm being pessimistic on purpose, because better safe than sorry. The Forma may actually be wonderfully designed and everything will work just fine, and I'll be able to ride away into the sunset astride a beautiful unicorn.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-23-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #109
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And released v1.2.7!

This one should handle the Forma properly, and should also finally show the welcome message the right side up .

(... on most devices. YMMV on the H20², in particular, c.f., the relevant FBInk post)
Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #110
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.8.

Mainly because the previous release introduced a regression which made messages much too small on devices with a non-HD screen.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.9.

Another small release with updated dependencies... And a fix for font sizes on the Forma .
Old 12-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #112
hypnotic
hypnotic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I tried this, but there's already .kobo folder in root directory, so should it be overwritten, or should i just copy KoboRoot.tgz to existing .kobo folder? thanks
hypnotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:05 AM   #113
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotic View Post
I tried this, but there's already .kobo folder in root directory, so should it be overwritten, or should i just copy KoboRoot.tgz to existing .kobo folder? thanks
The latter.

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hypnotic: Just unpack *everything* at the root of the device.

Yes, the .kobo folder already exists, but it's a folder in which we're adding new content. Let your FM/Unarchiver handle it.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #115
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.10!

Once again, maintenance release, with a minor fix for an issue that could prevent *some* notification messages from being printed in some circumstances (f.g., the initial install on a Forma: you got the init notif. during boot, a first notif. that stuff wasn't properly processed right before nickel pops up (which is perfectly normal for an *initial* install, since the bundled icons are indeed not yet fully processed by Nickel, and it's actually the final processing pass that's triggering this message), and then nothing until you tried to launch something in a non-Portrait rotation).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-24-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #116
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Released v1.2.10!

Once again, maintenance release, with a minor fix for an issue that could prevent *some* notification messages from being printed in some circumstances (f.g., the initial install on a Forma).
Once again

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #117
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Released v1.2.10!

Once again, maintenance release, with a minor fix for an issue that could prevent *some* notification messages from being printed in some circumstances (f.g., the initial install on a Forma).
Thank you. KFM has been a pleasant experience since I've started using it. Never had a database reset and FBInk makes it easy to see what's going on.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #118
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@pickyaxe: Yeah, provided you don't play with do_db_update, and to a general extent on current FW versions (post-WAL), I'm now fairly confident your DB integrity will be preserved (he said, hoping not to jinx it ^^) .

Even on my end, with my devices being subjected to some fairly untoward things, the worst that ever happened was WiFi passwords getting thrown into the nether (which may or may not even be related to what I was doing at the time ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-24-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #119
NiLuJe
BLAM!

PSA for people running FW 4.12 (and more generally, I'd say anything > 4.8):

If you're developping stuff that tries to restart Nickel on its own when it exits, make sure you reset PWD to a sane value first (say, /), because having a PWD located in onboard leads to wonderfully sneaky breakage of USBMS handling in Nickel, which leads to massively twisty issues that are hard to make sense of, and may wreak havoc on your filesystem.

I've fixed this in today's KOReader nightly, and Plato was also fixed in v0.6.3 .

TL;DR: As usual, I'd recommend making sure your custom software is *always* up to date .

In the mean time, when in doubt, reboot .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-31-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #120
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.11!

This one actually has some real changes!

When a target file cannot be watched (because it's been deleted, or there's a typo in your config), KFMon no longer aborts, that watch is simply ignored.

The install package now ships with the Plato config, in addition to the one for KOReader.

As far as new configs are concerned, the GH repo also includes a config for my USBNet script, but it is *NOT* part of the install package .

And, last, but not least, this releases also introduces "One Click" install packages for KOReader & Plato, to help ease-in brand new users.
All of that lives in a dedicated thread!

Tags
fmon, kfmon, kobo, launcher