Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Why not? That's about all I use my reader. I don't turn it off. Not that I think the Kindle really goes "off". But, I would expect even not turning it off you would get at least a week out of it, or maybe more.

BOb
OT comment:

Not sure about the Kindle, but the Kindle 2 does indeed go into "Sleep" mode. I still get about 2 1/2 weeks reading on it before a charge. One can choose to completely turn it off, however.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #47
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Leaving it powered up for 6-8 hours, without being used, just seems like a waste of energy to me (however small), so I tend to avoid that. I try to power down all appliances I'm not using for an extended period of time.

Not all power buttons are real power buttons these days. Soft power buttons, and warm starts are very common.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 AM   #48
DSHM
DSHM began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3 & Sony PRS-600
The pocket pro looks like the ebook reader I just bought in China the Hanlin V3-only has 4 level gray scales (www.jinke.com.cn), if this is the same machine, than I can say the character display is great (much better than my other Sony PRS-600) especially reading Chinese books. However, when magnify PDF file, it does not do word wrap, and part of the character was cut off and displayed in second page (Sony PRS-600 does not have this problem. The Hanlin came with a conversion program that translate text file to Wolf format and the document opens up much faster and format much better. Wonder this pocket pro had problems that I experience in the Hanlin V3 and it retails in Chins at US$326
DSHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #49
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSHM View Post
The pocket pro looks like the ebook reader I just bought in China the Hanlin V3
It is actually a Hanlin V5, which is like a much faster, 5" version of the V3 with some extra goodies thrown into the software.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #50
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that the V3 and V5 use so little power in standby mode that they actually use *more* power booting up than they do being left on all day. I never switch my Bebook off and get 2-3 weeks battery life out of it (I might get more, but I usually recharge it once it gets down to 1 bar on the battery monitor).
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
astak, pocketpro, review