Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #2146
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Lighting a candle for "Aunt Liz", who's name is actually Anita. She was married to my Uncle Richard, and had a difficult life, mostly because of him. After he died some years ago, she cut off any contact with remaining family, and I would see her sometimes in the grocery store, but she never acknowledged me.

Had she been a child today, I'm pretty sure she would have been diagnosed as having Asperger's, she was very socially awkward, and he was a tyrant to her and to their 2 boys, leaving the daughter be. Their son Erich is in this area still, I saw him 3-4 years ago, he calls my mom occasionally to check in. There has been no obituary published, and as far as I know, any service will just be the 2 sons, their daughter left Ohio when she turned 18 and never looked back. The sons are in their 50's.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:21 PM   #2147
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Such a sad life. RIP, Aunt Liz, and comfort to your sons.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2022, 08:43 AM   #2148
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hilary Mantel, celebrated author of Wolf Hall, dies aged 70

Very sad, love her writing.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 12:09 PM   #2149
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Lighting a candle for my husband's nephew Craig. He was 49, and passed away after what they think was a severe apnea episode. He leaves 2 grown kids, aged 26 & 21. He leaves behind a lot of guilt and frustration on the part of those who loved him. He had gotten his life together during the past 3 years, and his fiancé Jessica and her two teens are devastated.

He will be a donor of at least some of his organs. He is a perfect match for a man who has already lost one arm, and his other arm has serious problems. So Craig's left arm is going to be donated to this man. That process begins some time today. They still doing tests on the viability of his other organs.

RIP Craig, I'm glad you're no longer fighting all of those past demons.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 12:26 PM   #2150
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry. That's far too young. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing his organs will be life-changing for others.
Advert
Old 05-03-2023, 08:55 PM   #2151
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Very sorry to hear about Craig. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:14 PM   #2152
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Lighting a candle for my childhood friend Eva. We may have drifted apart over the years but you were the first friend I made when I was 9 years old and just moved to a new state.

51 is way too young.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM   #2153
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I'm sorry, Hemmi. 51 is absolutely way too young.
Old 08-13-2023, 08:03 PM   #2154
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sorry for you Hemmi - the earliest friendships are truly lifelong regardless of geography
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 11:20 PM   #2155
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to hear this, Hemmi. That is far, far too young.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:20 PM   #2156
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My honorary Aunt Liz has died this afternoon

She was a friend of my parents from their university days, and was a frequent visitor at my parents home, and later when I married and had children, at my home.

Before Covid we saw her at least once a year, usually more, but she was showing some signs of mental decline before lockdown. However, she managed to stay in her own home until a fall earlier this year lead to a lengthy hospital stay, and then admission to a nursing home for dementia patients, as she was no longer able to care for herself, even with daily visitors.

We visited her twice at the nursing home, but I'm not sure she really knew me. She had regular visits from her friends who lived nearer.

I shall miss her.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-13-2023 at 04:39 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:39 PM   #2157
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I'm sorry. Honorary (and real) aunts play an important part in our lives.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:46 PM   #2158
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sorry to hear this - loss of any family member is painful.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:28 PM   #2159
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:45 AM   #2160
cromag

I'm very sorry to hear this, pdurrant. My thoughts are with Aunt Liz's friends and relatives -- and those who were both.