Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Question How to turn multiple jpg images into 1 pdf ebook file

I have been downloading a few manga from the internet lately and I was wondering how to turn jpg files into 1 pdf file. So each manga will have there original number per ebook.

Example the first manga I downloaded has (40) images. Which means I need to look at each image one at a time. And I need to use a image viewer app on my tablet. I prefer a free ebook reader. So I wanted to know if there is a way to turn (40) jpgs into (1) pdf ebook. And if so can I do it with this program if not could you suggest a free program that might work thank you!

By the way when I said Original number it means this the first chapter of the manga is Chapter (1) and that Chapter has (40) images including the cover art. So I want to make a PDF ebook file for each of the manga Chapters so that way each Chapter has there own ebook file. I hope this makes sense. Thanks again.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@DawnDawn88 - on Windows try IrfanView - Homepage - plugin bundle is a separate download

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-01 093954.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	180300

Or… if you put the images into a zip and add the zip to your library you will have a CBZ (Comic Book Zip) which can be viewed with a comic viewer.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2020, 10:06 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can also convert the cbz file to PDF directly i calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay here is what I understand so far I can zip the chapters of this anime manga and then place the zipped folders into the calibre program and then I can convert them to pdf. Plus I don't have a comic viewer I just have the plain ebook reader on my tablet.

So my downloads folder currently has 312 manga folders from just 1 manga each folder is for a different chapter. Can I just zip each of these folders and then move them to a folder in my libraries on my computer called PDF and name the folder zipped. And then scan the zipped folder with calibre and have calibre convert each of these for me into pdf.

Is this possible then.

If so just say yes if not tell me what I can do to figure out how to turn these into individual ebooks please and thank you.

I have been using the calibre program for a while now but I have never done a job like this before with the program.

Sorry for the long winded reply I'm just still a bit new to the program. When it comes to things other then converting from amazon ebooks to pdf.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:58 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
Okay here is what I understand so far I can zip the chapters of this anime manga and then place the zipped folders into the calibre program and then I can convert them to pdf. Plus I don't have a comic viewer I just have the plain ebook reader on my tablet.

So my downloads folder currently has 312 manga folders from just 1 manga each folder is for a different chapter. Can I just zip each of these folders and then move them to a folder in my libraries on my computer called PDF and name the folder zipped. And then scan the zipped folder with calibre and have calibre convert each of these for me into pdf.

Is this possible then.

If so just say yes if not tell me what I can do to figure out how to turn these into individual ebooks please and thank you.

I have been using the calibre program for a while now but I have never done a job like this before with the program.

Sorry for the long winded reply I'm just still a bit new to the program. When it comes to things other then converting from amazon ebooks to pdf.
I've never needed to convert a CBZ to a PDF, and I avoid conversions if I can. That said:

I converted a CBZ to PDF with calibre using the default settings; the result was black and white images resized to fit on an A4 page - I'd call it a 'useful' PDF.

And I created a PDF using IrfanView with the same set of images with it's default settings; it didn't do any image resizing and retained the colours, to get what I'd regard as a 'useful' PDF I would need to to do some tweaking.

But, but, but… you should be able to read CBZs on your Kindle Fire directly, for example ==>> Amazon.com: ComiCat (Comic Reader/Viewer)

Have a look in the Kindle Fire forum and perhaps ask about a good comic reader there.

BR
Advert
Old 07-01-2020, 07:07 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can turn off grayscaling in the comic input settings in the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #7
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur

These files are inside a folder and each of these files are JPG. And the folder types are un-zipped so do I just zip them and place them inside the Calibre I have never used the other program before. So is there a tutorial on how to do this is is there someone that can tell me how to do this please step by step.

Thank You!
Old 07-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
These files are inside a folder and each of these files are JPG. And the folder types are un-zipped so do I just zip them and place them inside the Calibre I have never used the other program before. So is there a tutorial on how to do this is is there someone that can tell me how to do this please step by step.

Thank You!
A Google search on "creating a cbz file" could help. A sample site would be Create CBR CBZ File and Insert Images in Serial Order which makes it clear that the files will be read in a strict alphabetical sort order so you need to name the files image001.jpg, image002.jpg, etc.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #9
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur

Never mind I decided to just give it a try in calibre and it looks fine even the cover is in color for me. I didn't even tinker with anything. Simple to figure out once I knew I could use this program to do it I just gave it a try. All good for this so far.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

You don't need extra programs to create a zip file, you can do it in Windows 10 File Explorer, the Zip button is in the Share tab -- I wouldn't have put it there either

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-01-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:06 AM   #11
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur

I have recently renamed all the ebooks for the manga Baki - Son Of Ogre except for some that were a bit harder to get. So I had to get each image from the internet for each chapter and I placed each image for each chapter in there own folder named the # of the chapter. This was just a quicker way of doing it rather then naming each folder.

Now here is the issue I have different amounts of images in the folders and I zipped the folders and then placed the folders inside calibre and it shows a blue book cover not the manga cover or the first page which it did for all the other zipped folders. But when I downloaded the zipped folders from the internet I didn't have the zip them myself for the other chapters because they were already zipped.

Did I zip them incorrectly or something. I have only the jpg images inside the folders and then I zipped them. Do I need to convert the images to something else. Because zipping them and then adding them to calibre dose not seem to work to well for me. I only have (5) chapters I need to finish and then I am done.

It has taken me awhile because I have also been working on my MP3 music files with another program as well. And today I got back to finishing this up.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:31 AM   #12
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur

Never mind the previous question I just figured out how to use calibre and turn each image into a page and create a actual ebook from the images a different way to bad I can't add all the images at once but this way makes them into EPUB files. That is really the only difference which I don't mind as long as I can read my manga.
Old 01-19-2024, 04:21 AM   #13
mangaboi12314
mangaboi12314 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Smile I'm using a windows app to convert multiple images into single pdf file

This windows app might probably help you:
https://voxdroid.github.io/Image-Binder/
mangaboi12314 is offline   Reply With Quote