Notices

Old 05-28-2023, 05:58 AM   #1
Ironman
Ironman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD N437
Kobo Glo HD completely frozen

Hello

Kobo Glpo HD N437

I'm trying to get my daugther's Kobo back to life again. One day she came to me and said it has been sticky for a week and now it is completely unresponsive.

I have tried all the various forms of reset on Kobo website
Then I opened the kobo and removed the SD card. Mounted the SD card on my debian machine and all looks good. Card is accessible. I can see the last update file is 4.18.13737.
According to the MObileRead wiki's I have downloaded new firmware files and extracted in the .kobo folder
Re inserted the sd card into the KObo and started it up, hoping that it would reinstall the firmware, but with no success.

Is there anyone that can give me some advice on how to proceed? Any advice or pointers will be much appreciated
Thank you very much
Me
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 03:07 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

You should ask your question in our Kobo subforum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=223

Please ask the moderators to move your post there. You can do that by clicking the report button under your username, on the right side of the karma button.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:44 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to try an image of the µSD card. You can request one in the Glo HD - SD Image available yet? thread.

I would recommend flashing this to a new µSD card.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote