Notices

Old 03-31-2023, 09:29 AM   #3481
token_01
token_01 began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Does. not. compute. ;o).

Snark aside, could you clarify that (preferably with actual examples of what your directory structure looks like)?
Format:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Ebook folder, with author folders:
https://ibb.co/8XqQrTq

Within the author folders lie the epubs:
https://ibb.co/ZV01rqQ
token_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:36 PM   #3482
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
So essentially you want a flat metadata-based Library view?

Then, no, not happening, it's a filemanager, emphasis on file.

If that's managed by calibre (which it looks like it is), you can sorta achieve that via the Calibre plugin, but it won't be as nice as the FM.

----

As for the hang, I'm assuming this is a Nia/Libra 2/Clara 2E, in which case, tough luck, those are broken messes . (There are long and detailed issues about the subject for the Libra 2 & Clara 2E over on GitHub. On the upside, you may find a few somewhat viable workarounds in there).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:25 AM   #3483
StanthewiZZard
StanthewiZZard began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hello
Koreader is working ok but I don't understand how to add opds server (kavita especially)

Thanks for help
StanthewiZZard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:31 PM   #3484
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanthewiZZard View Post
Hello
Koreader is working ok but I don't understand how to add opds server (kavita especially)

Thanks for help
Press the + sign in the top left corner.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:19 AM   #3485
Pierre49976
Pierre49976 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello,

I tried to installed KOReader on my Clara HD via this method, but nothing happens when I try to start KOReader in my Nickel Menu.

I've chosen the koreader-kobo-v2023.05.1.zip, is that right?

What's not working?
Pierre49976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 04:58 AM   #3486
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre49976 View Post
What's not working?
You did something wrong ;o).

Hard to say what without system logs (assuming you actually *see* your new entry in NickelMenu), but a likely culprit would be you unpacked the release archive wrong somehow.
Old 07-02-2023, 07:50 AM   #3487
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
FWIW, enabling auto-standby should yield similar to better battery life than in Nickel (with the usual caveats on i.MX devices, where it'll tank page turn latency to almost as bad as Nickel levels ).
I had almost given up on KOReader until I saw this post. Thank you. It's restored the battery life on my Kobo Sage to what I would expect and I haven't notice any negative impact on performance.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 12:55 PM   #3488
Pierre49976
Pierre49976 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I tried again a few days later, and It worked
Pierre49976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:19 AM   #3489
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
I am considering buying Libra 2 (after my Leaf2's screen got broken after only two months ). I read this thread a bit and skim through the discussion on github, but I'd like to ask how widespread the problem really is? I exclusively use KOReader so if it doesn't work right, it is a dealbreaker
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:48 PM   #3490
NiLuJe
BLAM!

>= 2023.08 implements *yet another* attempt at dealing with this, so, time will tell. Keep in mind this was tested on one of the possibly least finicky of the affected devices, though. I'd naively put the Libra 2 pretty much squarely at the other end of that scale.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:37 AM   #3491
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

So if I really care about KOReader, I'd be better off pony up a little more and get the Sage instead of Libra 2?
Old 08-30-2023, 09:16 AM   #3492
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Regardless of the potential issues, I would have very strongly suggested the Sage over anything else in that form factor, unless you have severe concerns about going for long stretches of time without access to power.

Given the current timing, I would rather suggest waiting for a Sage/Forma/Libra refresh, unless you really need a device right now. In which case, eh, you could risk a Libra since it's cheaper, making an upgrade easier down the road.

TL;DR: context matters .
Old 08-30-2023, 10:31 AM   #3493
Hypernova
Hyperreader

Quote:
Regardless of the potential issues, I would have very strongly suggested the Sage over anything else in that form factor, unless you have severe concerns about going for long stretches of time without access to power.

Given the current timing, I would rather suggest waiting for a Sage/Forma/Libra refresh, unless you really need a device right now. In which case, eh, you could risk a Libra since it's cheaper, making an upgrade easier down the road.

TL;DR: context matters .
Thank you for your perspective. Unfortunately, your suggestion just goes against most advice I got when I asked if I should wait for a Libra 2 update . Context matters, indeed, so I won't say anyone is wrong, but now I'm in a dilemma...
Old 08-30-2023, 04:07 PM   #3494
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If your Leaf is broken, then you really can't afford to wait to see if Kobo releases a Libra 3 or Sage 2. You have to either buy what is available now, or you can't read anything for the next n months, which doesn't sound like a great solution.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 05:34 PM   #3495
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
If your Leaf is broken, then you really can't afford to wait to see if Kobo releases a Libra 3 or Sage 2. You have to either buy what is available now, or you can't read anything for the next n months, which doesn't sound like a great solution.
Yeah, and we don't know if Kobo even has any plans to release them in the near future or at all, for that matter. Many people have been waiting for the Oasis 4 since 2021, but still nothing, and the Oasis 3 is over 4 years old now. It's all pure speculation; in fact, no one knows anything.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote