Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #406
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
BUG: BE CAREFUL!

In pdf handrejection mode, don't change the pens color to white in the bottom tool bar. It can't be changed back to black then. The only possibility would be deleting all data from the Boyue os in the Android app settings. But this DELETES ALL NOTES ON ALL PDFs.
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #407
yar57
yar57 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
Copy-paste?

I have the likebook muses which I believe has the same notes app as the mimas. Is there a way to copy a page or a selectable portion of a page from one notebook to another? Thanks.
yar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:12 AM   #408
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Yeah that's the issue Boyue is not linking there updates anywhere, only way to get them is someone who downloaded but did not take it yet has in the root of their storage that they can copy it somewhere else first. I don't think what you had on it before would make any issue as this is system wide and a device issue. Have you tried contacting the seller you got the unit from perhaps they can get you this file?

@foro.carlos Can you ask your contact when you get time to get at least the OTA's cause this users device is basically un-usable due to what seems a bad OTA with no provided local update to repair it. If the OTA was bad the factory reset will do nothing as it will just pull from the new OTA data that's now in the system Partition.
Malcolm
just spitballing here: what if you connect your likebook to the same network as a windows device, and run Charles Proxy on that windows device?

make likebook connect thru charles proxy on the wifi setting.

maybe the update package URL can be sniffed? (maybe press check for update and look for the responses, the url maybe hidden in the responses)
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #409
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
I have my device today, but it needs to be charged... and then I will try to download the update file and put it up on dropbox or something. (The battery is super low and I want to charge it just in case it accidentally applies the update or something... I don't want it to get interrupted and screwed up because the battery is so drained.)
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #410
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I have my device today, but it needs to be charged... and then I will try to download the update file and put it up on dropbox or something. (The battery is super low and I want to charge it just in case it accidentally applies the update or something... I don't want it to get interrupted and screwed up because the battery is so drained.)
Yeah, don't do it it unless it's fully charged.

@orangelupa that's a good idea to sniff it but maybe overkill for this step.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #411
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, don't do it it unless it's fully charged.

@orangelupa that's a good idea to sniff it but maybe overkill for this step.
Malcolm
Okay, I downloaded it to "Install Later"... but I don't see it anywhere it the root folder. Any suggestions?

Edited to Add: It's also not in the Downloads folder either.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #412
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaw View Post
If you can do it I will try. Maybe this help. TIA, Gustaw
Quote:
Okay, I downloaded it to "Install Later"... but I don't see it anywhere it the root folder. Any suggestions?

Edited to Add: It's also not in the Downloads folder either.
It was showing on my device when browsing with the file manager... but I couldn't get it to show up on my computer. I ended up having to copy and paste it into the Downloads folder on the Mimas, and then it was accessible on my Windows computer.

Anyway... here's the link, I hope it helps! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t92os6pcp...zD8TqYJFa?dl=0
If you do try it Gustaw, could you please let me know what you think of the added features. I wasn't planning to install it because it doesn't include any of the improvements I've been hoping for.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:02 AM   #413
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It was showing on my device when browsing with the file manager... but I couldn't get it to show up on my computer. I ended up having to copy and paste it into the Downloads folder on the Mimas, and then it was accessible on my Windows computer.

Anyway... here's the link, I hope it helps! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t92os6pcp...zD8TqYJFa?dl=0
If you do try it Gustaw, could you please let me know what you think of the added features. I wasn't planning to install it because it doesn't include any of the improvements I've been hoping for.
Yup that's it. Now the question is if Gustav puts it on his root will it want to reflash it or it will just sit there since it will think it's already that version and does not need it, and if that is the case does a recovery exist that can be accessed that it can be flashed through manfully over the existing one?
Malcolm

EDIT: I dabbled more and using ADB used "adb reboot recovery" which got my Mars into stock recovery then using a sim eject tool the menus could be navigated and power was select and I rebooted into my bootloader and using RK_tool 2.1 I backed up my whole NAND of the device. But what I learned from it is the Mimas should be similar and I bet the physical buttons navigate in it without a tool (does the mimas have what looks like a reset hole?). This would allow you to put the update on a sdcard or push it direct from ADB. Just DO NOT WIPE your device in this menu because if you wipe system instead of factory resetting ect. you will have NO ROM period. I also think if you hold in the sim tool at boot it might just go into recovery, but it might also just automatically factory reset so I did not want to chance it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_023449.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	587.5 KB
ID:	170910   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_024059.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	727.1 KB
ID:	170911   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_025254.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	170912  

Last edited by rvcjew; 04-24-2019 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #414
Gustaw
Gustaw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Many thanks for the efforts to download Likebook update. I installed it and after restart reader is still in working state but like earlier. I am waiting for next version from Boyue.
Gustaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #415
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaw View Post
Many thanks for the efforts to download Likebook update. I installed it and after restart reader is still in working state but like earlier. I am waiting for next version from Boyue.
It redid the update with the android update screen and everything?
Malcolm
Old 04-25-2019, 11:08 AM   #416
Gustaw
Gustaw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
It redid the update with the android update screen and everything?
Malcolm
Yes. It looks like normal update. The zip file contains patches for previous version but system don't display any incompatibility message.
Gustaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #417
Operations
Operations began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi,

I have some basic questions for Mimas users:
1. How is the screen in comparison with other readers? Is it on par with Onyx Note for example? Does it have ghosting?
2. Does it handle reflow, cropping and columns in pdfs?
3. Did latest updates introduce mixed lighting to basic light option or is it still handled by third party app?
4. Does writing on the screen leave scratches like in first Onyx Note?

Thanks
Operations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:30 AM   #418
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operations View Post
Hi,

I have some basic questions for Mimas users:
1. How is the screen in comparison with other readers? Is it on par with Onyx Note for example? Does it have ghosting?
2. Does it handle reflow, cropping and columns in pdfs?
3. Did latest updates introduce mixed lighting to basic light option or is it still handled by third party app?
4. Does writing on the screen leave scratches like in first Onyx Note?

Thanks
1. and 2.: Check the GoodEreader Videos on YouTube for this, as your Questions are not very specific and the videos might give you the answers you need. Maybe this comparison is what you are looking for and I think they also cover the PDF situation.

3: We're still on the Update with the extra app for mixed light control.

4. I have my screen protector on the screen and a very firm press when writing. The screen does not show any marks after approx. 2 Months of use.
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:10 AM   #419
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3
Hi, I purchased the 10.3 likebook so I could sit in the sun, mark-up pdfs by hand and email them to my law partner. Not quite there yet. (It is sunny out & I can markup - it is the exporting that's the rub.) The markups are saved as pdfs with dot-teil added, but gmail does not see them. Has anyone figured out an elegant way to email or upload marked-up pdfs? Thanks!

Last edited by geordie2019; 04-29-2019 at 11:01 AM.
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #420
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie2019 View Post
Hi, I purchased the 10.3 likebook so I could sit in the sun, mark-up pdfs by hand and email them to my law partner. Not quite there yet. (It is sunny out & I can markup - it is the exporting that's the rub.) The markups are saved as pdfs with dot-teil added, but gmail does not see them. Has anyone figured out an elegant way to email or upload marked-up pdfs? Thanks!
What is your partner using to read your sent pdf's? Do you have the google framework enabled? The adobe reader app should be able to see the markups and re-save the pdf as a format google should understand or at least you can send through an email to the other side without it being stripped.
Malcolm