Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
reconnecting to Kindle without unplugging the USB chord?

Is there a way to reconnect the Kindle again without unplugging then plugging in the USB chord again? I'm working on something that requires a lot of remounting. I'm on a Mac by the way.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
akleiw
akleiw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.0
You can try closing and opening the mac's lid (basically suspend and wake up). Kindle should return to usb storage mode.
akleiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #3
Jack the Lad
Jack the Lad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle reconnection

I have the same problem but I use Mac mini and not a laptop. Is there another way to reconnect without unplugging each time?
Jack the Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Toggling USBNet does the trick, if memory serves me.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
A chord is " a group of (typically three or more) notes sounded together, as a basis of harmony.". A cord or cable is what you meant.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2014, 02:22 AM   #6
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Find here a full set of drive tools to remove/restart any usb connected drive. I created two batch files and installed on the desktop two shortcuts pointing to these batch files.
Works like a charm.
Those are Windows tools only, no luck for Mac, sorry.

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 05-29-2014 at 02:39 AM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #7
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
On Mac OS, you can try Disk Utility (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility).

I don't have a kindle, but if you are lucky, it appears in the left sidebar and you can remount it again. (My kobo disappears completely).

You can also try the App Mountain (also on the App Store, it's $5.99), it works as a menu bar item where you can unmount and remount your external devices or server connections. I tried it with my kobo and it works, but only if I eject via Mountain – ejecting in Finder or Calibre makes it disappear as before, even Mountain can not see it then. I don't use Mountain myself, tested just with the trial version.)
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote