Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
xiatian
Connoisseur
xiatian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question kindle can't open converted mobi from epub

I converted an epub file to mobi but kindle can't open it. The error is as follows:

Quote:
An error occurred. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and download it from the Cloud.
I wrote my own recipe to convert it into this epub file and it works fine on my iBooks. But the converted mobi can't work on my kindle. I tried many times but I couldn't figure out the problem. The two files are attached below. Could you please help me out?

Attached files of copyrighted materials have been deleted.

Last edited by issybird; 08-26-2019 at 10:47 AM.
xiatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The attached MOBI opened fine in kindle previewer for me. Note that the best way to create periodicals for Kindles is to download the recipe with the output format set to azw3 or mobi dont convert EPUBs, you will not get documents the kindle recognizes a sa periodical from that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #3
xiatian
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The attached MOBI opened fine in kindle previewer for me. Note that the best way to create periodicals for Kindles is to download the recipe with the output format set to azw3 or mobi dont convert EPUBs, you will not get documents the kindle recognizes a sa periodical from that.

It can't open in my kindle and kindle paperwhite though it works in kindle previewer on my PC. I also tried to convert recipe directly to mobi but it can't open in my kindle neither.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well the kindle has no debugging available to us so there is no way to tell what it doesnt like. The only way to do it is to systematically remove things form the book till you find the culprit
Old 08-26-2019, 11:27 PM   #5
xiatian
Connoisseur

Hi, kovidgoyal
I solved this problem. It's the cover image. The minimum image size allowed is 1,000 x 625 pixels. https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200645690
Old 08-27-2019, 01:53 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's odd I am pretty sure the kindle will open any file with any sized cover and even no cover. But am glad you got it working.

Tags
conversion, ebook-convert, kindle, mobi, recipe