Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #42496
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I just booked my reading retreat for January. This time I've booked a cottage in a vacation park I haven't been to before. It's got a bus stop walking distance from the park where buses to sever bigger two stop.

I've got a luxury cottage for two. Which means I have free wifi, a better bed, a sauna (which I won't use) and a combination microwave/oven instead of just a microwave. It also has a fireplace, I can order groceries online, which will be in the cottage when I arrive; I'll stock up on firewood so I don't have to start my vacation lugging bags of wood around the park.
OMG, that's my idea of heaven. Or, throw in a 90-minute massage, and it's my idea of heaven.

Go by YOURSELF and don't share the cottage with anyone. No matter how cute, how hot, or how related by blood.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:18 PM   #42497
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
OMG, that's my idea of heaven. Or, throw in a 90-minute massage, and it's my idea of heaven.

Go by YOURSELF and don't share the cottage with anyone. No matter how cute, how hot, or how related by blood.

Hitch
I've learned that by mid-January, after the holidays, having to be social, and the busy time in the store I need a week on my own to recharge. My sister usually tries to get me to agree her coming, but I'm blunt about needing to be alone and not having to do anything if I don't feel like it.

My favourite books to read on vacation are horror and ghost stories, I plan to start ky search this weekend.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:16 AM   #42498
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just set my latest bundle of washing going in my trusty machine.Plan to walk five miles in a short while,something I do almost daily.Then it will be time to plan Sunday lunch for myself and my Grandaughter!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #42499
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've learned that by mid-January, after the holidays, having to be social, and the busy time in the store I need a week on my own to recharge. My sister usually tries to get me to agree her coming, but I'm blunt about needing to be alone and not having to do anything if I don't feel like it.

My favourite books to read on vacation are horror and ghost stories, I plan to start ky search this weekend.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
Good for you. I have endless issues trying to convince my husband's family members that I mean it when I pull a Garbo. People who are naturally social creatures struggle trying to understand those of us who are not.

Hitch
Old 12-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #42500
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Son #2 and his wife and 2 grandkids left for their home in Kentucky about 2 hours ago. The house is quiet. Mixed feelings galore.

We are watching The Brown's take on the Steeler's...long time rivalry. Hoping for a win for the Brown's, clean play with no brawls.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #42501
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Good for you. I have endless issues trying to convince my husband's family members that I mean it when I pull a Garbo. People who are naturally social creatures struggle trying to understand those of us who are not.

Hitch
My parents and sister are used to it by now. The rest of the family always considered me a weirdo, so they accept it. I usually end up in a park near where my mother's sister, husband and my cousin and her family live. This time I can't get any closer. They always invite me, but I never go.

They do have a beauty salon on this park, so I could get the massage you recommended. But that's not really my thing. I might treat myself to a facial, I've never had one before, but it might be fun.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #42502
mrgrtt123
mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrgrtt123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
I am creating a money savings plan for next year since I've been spending too much money this year.
mrgrtt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #42503
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
My parents and sister are used to it by now. The rest of the family always considered me a weirdo, so they accept it. I usually end up in a park near where my mother's sister, husband and my cousin and her family live. This time I can't get any closer. They always invite me, but I never go.

They do have a beauty salon on this park, so I could get the massage you recommended. But that's not really my thing. I might treat myself to a facial, I've never had one before, but it might be fun.
Consider starting small--get a pedi with a foot massage. EVERYBODY loves foot massages and you can always tell them to stop if it makes you uncomfortable and still get the pedi. :-) VERY relaxing. I couldn't care less if my toenails are painted, but it's worth going just for the foot massage. ;-)

Hitch
Old 12-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #42504
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Dealing with the fallout of one of my domestic violence clients being murdered by her abuser.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #42505
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrtt123 View Post
I am creating a money savings plan for next year since I've been spending too much money this year.
Join the club
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #42506
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Dealing with the fallout of one of my domestic violence clients being murdered by her abuser.

I hope the abuser is going away for a long time.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:58 PM   #42507
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'm so sorry... My condolences. Your line of work must be so difficult at times.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #42508
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

I hope the abuser is going away for a long time.
He took care of that himself - murder/suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
I'm so sorry... My condolences. Your line of work must be so difficult at times.
Its an occupational hazard. This is the second client I have lost this year. But that is out of more than 300 cases where I was able to help other victims.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:52 AM   #42509
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
... that is out of more than 300 cases where I was able to help other victims.
That is remarkable. It's people like you who inspire me to be the best person I could be. I hope you don't mind me giving you a virtual hug.

*virtual hug*
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:45 PM   #42510
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
That is remarkable. It's people like you who inspire me to be the best person I could be. I hope you don't mind me giving you a virtual hug.

*virtual hug*
It's virtual, so it'll be fine

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?