Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 01:44 AM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
well put.
you said all i wanted to say - and politely too

I was wondering how on earth anyone would get their calibre library into icloud, and why ( since it presumably will not work there )
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:53 AM   #17
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I never said I was dropping support for dropbox.

Icloud just for IOS.

If people choose to leave that is their choice.

I will continue working. I have a lot of skin in the game.

I will always entertain offers to buy anything I own.
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #18
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post

I will always entertain offers to buy anything I own.
Lol!. Considering that this opensource project -> https://github.com/sengjea/calibre-sync does 2/3 functions CC does (wireless device client and opds client), albeit very basically, and the 3rd function (cloud providers) is already broken as is, buying something from you sounds like a very bad deal.

I would suggest you to reduce your exposition surface in these forums. As you're outsourcing the talent since you don't code, test & debug, you can outsource forum support too.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #19
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I would suggest you to reduce your exposition surface in these forums. As you're outsourcing the talent since you don't code, test & debug, you can outsource forum support too.
Translation, Sam: if by your words you are making damage rather than controlling it, you have three options:

a) Mum's the word

b) Have better news before writing here again

c) Get some one else to do your user's community contact

Mind you: I do have the Android CC version and paid for it before you were invested in it's development; furthermore, I do have an invested interest in it's continued existance and functionality. There are other alternatives to CC (such as Librera) but they are not exactly as CC and certainly lack it's cloud integration.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and if you have no intention of providing user support here, remove all pointers to this forum as the official place to come for help

why should us users have to keep doing part of your job for you ( answer new user queries after you have leave them unanswered) ,

be honest, do you deserve the endorsement of Kovid and Co - do they approve of how you now treat your customers here?

the play store listing still says "Calibre Companion (CC), recommended by calibre developers...

and the play store FAQ directs to
http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...=69&artlang=en
which says
The best way to ask us for help is to post a message on our support forum. if "us" refers to the current development team , that is simply untrue. no help is being provided.

Last edited by stumped; 01-17-2020 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #21
stumped
Wizard

CALIBRE COMPANION FAQ - ATTN Charles haley
will you please review the FAQ document here
which carries your name,
Author:
Charles Haley
Revision:
You cannot comment on this entry

and please remove the misleading indication that product help is still available in this forum i.e.
"The best way to ask us for help is to post a message on our support forum. "

as no such official help is now being offered.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #22
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I don't really know that continuing to beat the horse is a particularly worthwhile venture. Either he's going to release a fixed version of CC for iOS, or he isn't. I think he's figured out by now that people aren't happy.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:43 PM   #23
stumped
Wizard

I agree.

All I am saying is if he want to run development and support over at Trello than make that official. Change whatever points to here and make it point there.
Then someone with the power can add a sticky saying cc support has moved...
As at now play store points to multipie which points to MR.
If that could be updated it should suit everyone.
The onus will be on folks wanting help or wanting to request features to follow the stickies directions and move along.
That way there is no knock on disrepute to related products here
Old 01-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #24
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
CALIBRE COMPANION FAQ - ATTN Charles haley
will you please review the FAQ document here
which carries your name,
Author:
Charles Haley
Revision:
You cannot comment on this entry

and please remove the misleading indication that product help is still available in this forum i.e.
"The best way to ask us for help is to post a message on our support forum. "

as no such official help is now being offered.
No can do. We gave samcohen the FAQ site data/pages. It is now hosted by him.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #25
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No can do. We gave samcohen the FAQ site data/pages. It is now hosted by him.
Ok . Maybe he will take the time to point the pages at Trello, or wherever he prefers to hang out.

Or at least take your name off the page !

ps when I complain about lack of android support that is in no way aimed at you as I appreciate you do still respond here to some people's problems. But it's not supposed to be your job anymore.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:08 PM   #26
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
I logged in to the Trello Dashboard some days ago: no activity, or as sparse as here, so no, Trello isn't the way to get feedback or support either. Just FYI.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #27
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Ok . Maybe he will take the time to point the pages at Trello, or wherever he prefers to hang out.
Send me a direct message stumped. I would love to jump on a phone call with you and show you what I have been working on. You are my biggest hater and I would love to embrace all you have to say for the better of Calibre Companion.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #28
stumped
Wizard

all i have to say can be said publicly.
1. provide timely help here when people ask for it, or change the web pages and play store references that point to here
2. there is no 2. I'd settle for 1.

I honestly can't recall the last time you helped anyone here fix a problem with what is now YOUR app. please post counter-examples

Frankly I am not interested in what you may have been working on. I am interested in seeing long-outstanding bugs and issues addressed, on all platforms. you know what they are.

You are probably in USA. I am not. I don't do international phone chats
Old 01-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #29
stumped
Wizard

PS. Right now , it may be an oversight for product description links to state that official product support can still be found here ( as per previously posted links) but at some point it becomes false advertising.
if you want to continue to take peoples money for an app, then please be honest about the level of , and the whereabouts of, any support they are buying.

Continue to sell the android app as-is, if you want to , but add a disclaimer that no further updates are scheduled, no bug fixes are planned and no technical support is included.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #30
samcohen
Connoisseur

Quote:
all i have to say can be said publicly.
You are probably in USA. I am not. I don't do international phone chats
Since I was not the initial creator of the app I lack the knowledge of how everything was created by the previous owners. Since I am not a developer I don't see the nitty-gritty of how it exactly works. When users experience issues I send them all to the team but when it comes to responding I am not much help. Almost all responses would end up something like. "I'll get that fixed"... This is not helping. Do you have an interest in running customer support? You seem to know far more than me by the looks of your responses to other posters. I would love to chat (we can type) on skype and maybe you would be helpful to speak directly to the development team yourself. I'm happy to work something out. This forum is tremendously useful and losing it would be detrimental. I remember coming to it when I couldn't figure something out and just lurking on posts. Let's make this work.