Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 04:30 AM   #1
docmagoo2
docmagoo2 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
KUAL error

Hey guys,

Slight noob here, apologies in advance as Im sure this has been answered before (I have searched and cannot find a solution).

Ive been having a problem with KUAL on my UK PW2 (serial 9017 22) on 5.8.9. Originally downgraded using the factory image and jailbroken, and backdoor lock, KUAL and KOreader installed and running with no issues at that point after upgarde to 5.6 (I think). Got a letter pushed to the device from amazon saying FW outdated and would lose access to the ebook store, and using this quite often I decided to update AFTER researching if the JB persists. Of course looking at the jailbreak thread I found it does, so went ahead and updated to 5.8.9

Since then I CANNOT for the life of me get KUAL to work again; it just gives the popup "error while trying to open this item blah blah blah". Ive researching this, and cant find a whole pile of info, I assume its to do with MKK. I attempt to reinstall MKK yet I copy the install .bin to the root directory and go to "update" but update is greyed out and the .bin disappears. I have tried restarting etc to no avail. So any help getting this sorted would be much appreciated!

cheers

Doc
docmagoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You are trying to install the MKK package as if you got it from Amazon.
You MUST* use MrPI, re-read step #8 again.

The MKK package is for the older models, re-install the 'hotfix' package.
Use the link found in step #6 to get the most recent.

(*) At step #6 you where running a firmware built for production line testing inside of the factory (only) - that is why UYK worked for one of our packages (that is why you could jailbreak it).

You are now running a firmware built for normal consumer use, you MUST use MrPI.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kual