Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Each user decides for himself what he needs and what directly suits him. Checks and determines what it needs.

I don't use Calibre at all, I don't like it. However, at the same time, all my books are perfectly ordered. However, I do not impose my point of view on anyone and do not write on every corner - do as I do ...
I'm not saying he has to use Calibre/USB. But I am pointing out some of the drawbacks to not using Calibre/USB.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #62
Kobo1818
Kobo1818 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello everyone. I have been trying to change my header and footer font using the code in part 1 of the 'Custom header/footer captions:' patch within nickel.yaml. Please can someone show me how they edited the code to change the footer and header font (in my case I'm looking to change it to Literata Book).

Below is how I have attempted to edit it, but this won't parse:
Quote:
- {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true],\n#caption[newFooter=true] {\n font-family: Avenir;\n}", Replace: "#caption[newHeader=true],\n#caption[newFooter=true] {\n font-family: 'Literata Book'; background:transparent;\n}"}
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Kobo1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2021, 06:53 PM   #63
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo1818 View Post
Hello everyone. I have been trying to change my header and footer font using the code in part 1 of the 'Custom header/footer captions:' patch within nickel.yaml. Please can someone show me how they edited the code to change the footer and header font (in my case I'm looking to change it to Literata Book).

Below is how I have attempted to edit it, but this won't parse:
Try this. Find this line in Part 1 of the patch:
Code:
        #- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir; background:transparent;"}
Un-comment it (keeping all indentation the same) and change it to:
Code:
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:'Literata Book'; background:transparent;"}
This runs OK for me. If it doesn't for you then you'll need to post the actual error message you're getting in the log file (log.txt) because 'but this won't parse' is too vague.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:45 AM   #64
Kobo1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Try this. Find this line in Part 1 of the patch:
Code:
        #- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir; background:transparent;"}
Un-comment it (keeping all indentation the same) and change it to:
Code:
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:'Literata Book'; background:transparent;"}
This runs OK for me. If it doesn't for you then you'll need to post the actual error message you're getting in the log file (log.txt) because 'but this won't parse' is too vague.
Thank you very much. This fixed my issue and after messing about with it I've just seen that you mentioned before that the page number font won't be changed with this patch. In the end I went the way of creating a custom named LiterataBook under the 'Avenir' name to get around this.

My final question is, is it possible to remove the small page numbers from the side of the margin? As they sometimes overlap with the text and I don't have a need for them with this same information displayed in the footer. Thank you
Old 04-30-2021, 04:03 AM   #65
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo1818 View Post
My final question is, is it possible to remove the small page numbers from the side of the margin? As they sometimes overlap with the text and I don't have a need for them with this same information displayed in the footer. Thank you
Uncheck 'Show Adobe EPUB page numbers' (Reading Settings)

or add to Kobo eReader.conf
Code:
[Reading]
readingAdobeShowPageNumbers=false
No patches are needed here ...
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2021, 04:08 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Code:
[Reading]
There's also a setting for it in the Reading settings unless it's been patched to work as night mode toggle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:40 AM   #67
Kobo1818

Quote:

Code:
[Reading]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There's also a setting for it in the Reading settings unless it's been patched to work as night mode toggle.
Thank you Semwize & JSWolf. Coming from and old Nook Simple Touch, these extra reading settings are all new to me
Old 05-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #68
dan980
dan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Aura One
I activated advanced settings for sideloaded fonts. However, after changing the weight of some fonts, I don't have the option to reset a single font to the default weight. I need to move the slider and "try to guess" its default position. Am I missing something? Where are the font settings saved on the device?
dan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:37 PM   #69
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
In the .kobo/Kobo directory there's a Kobo eReader.conf file which contains the Reading section. I've played with advanced settings for Amasis & Literata and I have this:

Code:
readingFontSharpness\Amasis=0.146666666666667
readingFontSharpness\Literata=0.0766666666666667

readingFontWeight\Amasis=0.64
readingFontWeight\Literata=0.43
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:59 PM   #70
dan980
dan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-booksdan980 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
In the .kobo/Kobo directory there's a Kobo eReader.conf file which contains the Reading section. I've played with advanced settings for Amasis & Literata and I have this:

Code:
readingFontSharpness\Amasis=0.146666666666667
readingFontSharpness\Literata=0.0766666666666667

readingFontWeight\Amasis=0.64
readingFontWeight\Literata=0.43
thank you
dan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:29 AM   #71
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Mac users will need to type "sudo spctl --master-disable" into Terminal to disable Gatekeeper. Otherwise, they won't be able to run this patch script since bin/kobopatch-darwin-64bit isn't signed (i.e. authorized by Apple).

Otherwise, works great! Thanks to everyone involved!

To reenable Gatekeeper, go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General. You'll see the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section which was hidden from later releases of MacOS. Unlock the panel, select "App store and identified developers", and relock the panel, and you'll be protected by Gatekeeper again.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:38 AM   #72
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Mac users will need to type "sudo spctl --master-disable" into Terminal to disable Gatekeeper. Otherwise, they won't be able to run this patch script since bin/kobopatch-darwin-64bit isn't signed (i.e. authorized by Apple).

Otherwise, works great! Thanks to everyone involved!

To reenable Gatekeeper, go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General. You'll see the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section which was hidden from later releases of MacOS. Unlock the panel, select "App store and identified developers", and relock the panel, and you'll be protected by Gatekeeper again.
Mac users don't need to do this, attempting to run it once results in the warning, you can then go to the security/privacy setting and tell it to allow the app, then run it again. Though yours is certainly the faster way, folks who are weary of Terminal and sudo do have other options.

Personally I think Gatekeeper overreaches a bit and should just give the option to run anyway off the bat.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:40 AM   #73
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which ideally most people shouldn't be using since Nicklemenu which is far and away the better option IMHO since it's less steps once you've got it set up.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:38 AM   #74
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Mac users don't need to do this, attempting to run it once results in the warning, you can then go to the security/privacy setting and tell it to allow the app, then run it again. Though yours is certainly the faster way, folks who are weary of Terminal and sudo do have other options.

Personally I think Gatekeeper overreaches a bit and should just give the option to run anyway off the bat.
In Catalina, I could not authorize the app in System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Full Disk Access. I'm not sure which MacOS you're running, or why I ran into difficulties, but I couldn't get the script to run until I searched for a solution online which lead me to Terminal. Hopefully, anybody who was in the same boat as I was can just follow my instructions and get up and running.

I agree that Gatekeeper overreaches, but then I like not getting viruses.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:25 PM   #75
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
In Catalina, I could not authorize the app in System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Full Disk Access. I'm not sure which MacOS you're running, or why I ran into difficulties, but I couldn't get the script to run until I searched for a solution online which lead me to Terminal. Hopefully, anybody who was in the same boat as I was can just follow my instructions and get up and running.

I agree that Gatekeeper overreaches, but then I like not getting viruses.
That’s because you don’t authorize it there. Once you try and tu it, and it’s rejected, opening the security and privacy preferences should reveal an option to authorize from the initial tab, you can’t pre-authorize the script for full disk access because of the same reasons you need to authorize it in the first place. Other apps that ask for full disk access are properly signed so Apple trusts them to an extent and lets the user decide how much they want to trust the app.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching