Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 08:31 PM   #1081
trefoil
trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
Thanks for the suggestions. I can certainly do the edits via ssh.

I guess that I'll have to look in the dhcp files to see why the gateway isn't happening...
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #1082
trefoil
trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
K4 Silver w/Koreader best solution

After some experimentation, I discovered the best solution to the glitches. I can use SCP to copy documents over from my windows laptop via WIFI and then easily view them in Koreader, so Calibre wasn't the only way to send files. The windows interface on the SCP is good enough to make practical. At least now there is no more a need to plug and unplug the kindle just to put a file on it. That was the main goal!
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #1083
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Hey!

I've just installed the 2021.03 on my KOA3.
Everything works fine except for the screen rotation.

When I rotate it clockwise, it inverts the text around ~135 degrees (90+45), correctly.
However, when I rotate it counter clockwise, the same thing happens after only ~45 degrees. This means it's impossible to read it while lying on your left side.

Did anybody else experience this with the new version? This might be a KOA3 specific issue.

Edit: Everything works fine with the stock reader, this is not a hardware issue.

Last edited by tryol; 03-28-2021 at 09:18 AM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:51 AM   #1084
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
What exactly do you mean by rotating it clockwise? Cf. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/7429 though I think the current icons are fairly clear (regardless if they're intuitive).
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:01 AM   #1085
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
What exactly do you mean by rotating it clockwise? Cf. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/7429 though I think the current icons are fairly clear (regardless if they're intuitive).
I meant when I'm rotating the device physically. With clockwise rotation it takes ~135 degrees for the text to turn upside down, with counter clockwise it only takes ~45 degree.
This is the clean install, I didn't change the rotation settings or mess with the rotation buttons at all. I also confirmed that the accelerometer is working correctly with the stock reader. Since I'm new to e-readers in general, this might be a misunderstanding on my part, but I expected the reader to rotate symmetrically to both directions like the stock one.

I wanted to know if this was an issue specific to KOA3 before I post an issue on github or try to debug it myself, since support for it just got added.

Last edited by tryol; 03-28-2021 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:47 AM   #1086
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This matches what was mentioned in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338306

The gyro probably sends more/different events or something.

The KOA3 support is currently just assuming it's a KOA2, so, yeah, stuff is going to break in fun and interesting ways, as I don't have the device to test it myself .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:36 PM   #1087
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
This matches what was mentioned in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338306

The gyro probably sends more/different events or something.

The KOA3 support is currently just assuming it's a KOA2, so, yeah, stuff is going to break in fun and interesting ways, as I don't have the device to test it myself .
Thanks! This suggests that this is KOA3 specific.
I've did some debugging and found the correct orientation codes.
Opened an issue.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:12 PM   #1088
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Those of you with a KO3 can get a donation going to get @NiLuJe a KO3 so he can have a go at fixing the KO3 problems.

I remember we did this for @Kovid to get him a Sony Reader so he could code Calibre for it. We didn't mind donating for the cause.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:11 PM   #1089
3m2vinatohr04
3m2vinatohr04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Touch feedback on kindle

Hello everyone,
Thank you for working on koreader.

Just wondering if it's possible to add touch feedback whenever selecting menus/buttons for the kindle build.

As compared to the Android port, objects would temporarily invert color as a feedback for touches. Tried doing a fresh install on the kindle but it looks like the kindle build does not have that feature enabled?

Are you guys experiencing this as well?
3m2vinatohr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #1090
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You may have disabled that: Gear > Screen > E-ink settings > Flash *
Old 04-06-2021, 08:07 PM   #1091
3m2vinatohr04
3m2vinatohr04 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You may have disabled that: Gear > Screen > E-ink settings > Flash *
Thank you!
Looks like i inadvertently disabled it while browsing through the menu.
3m2vinatohr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:21 PM   #1092
ChildrenofkoRn
ChildrenofkoRn began at the beginning.

Question

Hi, I recently started using KOReader and have a few questions.
Kindle PW3 and koreader-kindlepw2-v2021.04

1. You can change the interface fonts via the koreader\frontend\ui\font.lua
I changed cfont to my font, the font has changed, but I lose the triangular UP and DOWN buttons in the font settings window, although the button itself remains working, but it is empty.
At first I thought that just these characters are not in my font, but it seems that they are not taken from the font in the specified item.

2. Changed the font of the main menu via smallinfofont in koreader\frontend\ui\font.lua
My font is smaller than the default, and the margins at the bottom and top of the menu lines remain the same.
How can they be reduced? Something like margin-top and margin-bottom.

3. Alternative status bar.
I found how to change the font, it seems like you need to add line
Code:
["header_font"] = "SomeFont",
in koreader\settings.reader.lua
But I didn't find how to change the margins on the sides as margin-left and margin-right?

4. If there is some setting so that all current settings become default for all new books?
ChildrenofkoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:40 PM   #1093
NiLuJe
BLAM!

1. Here be dragons. IIRC, unless you disabled xtext, the fallbacks should be kicking in, but I don't quite recall the details. (Unless you broke the fallback list, and/or your font does feature that glyph but maps it to a blank square).

2. Again, here be dragons. Most "common" sizes are picked from ui/sizes, but Menu is an insane chimera, so, YMMV.

3. If it's not in the settings, it probably can't be done. (Not familiar with the header/alt bar, though).

4. Long-press on almost anything will set it as default. (so, not "all", but one by one). c.f., the Profiles plugin for a batched approach.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:04 PM   #1094
ChildrenofkoRn
ChildrenofkoRn began at the beginning.

I sent a message about 5 days ago, it went to moderation, but it never appeared.
Well, I'll try again.

1. Solved the issue. By default for cfont:
Code:
cfont = "NotoSans-Regular.ttf"
And if I change the font, the symbols of the triangular UP and DOWN buttons are searched in this font, BUT they are searched in BOLD version:
Code:
_bold_font_variant["NotoSans-Regular.ttf"] = "NotoSans-Bold.ttf"
and if there is no in BOLD then - yes in fallback fonts and as I understand it are taken from FreeSans.ttf
So in the Monofur font (which I use with some modifications) there were really these characters, but empty (thanks for the hint).
Just changing the Regular - doesn't solve the problem, I needed to edit the BOLD version.
So I didn't figure it out right away.

2. It's a pity, I don't know much about other people's code and don't know lua, just a little ruby.
I haven't found a solution yet. On the other hand, this is not critical.

The other items are not so important.

But there is a really interesting question.
When I bought a PW3 and made a jailbreak, I had a question:
Why only 25 degrees of backlight and can I do more?

I found out that the actual number of levels is much higher: 0-4095
This can be easily found out through the terminal:
Code:
[root@kindle root]# cat /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness
[root@kindle root]# echo -n 600 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness
[root@kindle root]# cat /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness
and check by setting the values and looking at the reader's backlight.
I think you already understand what I want to ask.
Can change the number of gradations through the KOReader code?
Are there any restrictions to do this on the part of the reader?

When reading at night in bed with a low backlight, it is very noticeable that the basic brightness levels do not change very smoothly. It seems to me it was a useful thing not only for me.
ChildrenofkoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:11 AM   #1095
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
In the first post, links to nightlies lead to out-dated page on GitHub. Current actual "Download" link from GitHub leads to https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

I only noticed this while trying to find which nightlies include which commits. Is there such a thing?

UPDATE: found a link to nightlies from 4PDA

Last edited by mergen3107; 05-23-2021 at 01:22 AM.
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch