Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-23-2019, 06:55 AM   #31
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
...so finaly got mine k1.
just to make friendship with the device, before i start fighting with contacts/calendar/email ...do you have any killer epub/pdf application to suggest?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #32
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After receiving the phone, I tried my luck asking about GSF to the person inside kingrow that gave me the shipment tracking code.
This is a today 24 sep reply.

Quote:
I have communicated with the technical department about your problem, and maybe the subsequent firmware update can solve your problem.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:14 AM   #33
underscore
Addict

installed
"material notification shade" from apkpure

seems to work for bringing back notifications to top bar
Old 12-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #34
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Is it just me or does the K1 freeze up in cold weather? I’ve been having trouble using it outside for a few weeks now
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:33 AM   #35
underscore
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pata View Post
Is it just me or does the K1 freeze up in cold weather? I’ve been having trouble using it outside for a few weeks now
I didn't noticed yet but it's not really cold here, 4/5 degrees.
I use it frequently outside for podcasts.
Let's hope they came out with new firmware and international selling next year.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:06 PM   #36
rudi.timmer
rudi.timmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kingrow K1
Hi,

I flashed a Kingrow K1 Rom with Gapps, it worked but after a reboot my device stop working i reflesh it again with the Gapps rom but this dont solve it, now my device is not working anymore, i know this thread it old but you never know if someone here would have a full rom backup of his device that i can use to make it working again ?

Thanks!
rudi.timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #37
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi.timmer View Post
Hi,

I flashed a Kingrow K1 Rom with Gapps, it worked but after a reboot my device stop working i reflesh it again with the Gapps rom but this dont solve it, now my device is not working anymore, i know this thread it old but you never know if someone here would have a full rom backup of his device that i can use to make it working again ?

Thanks!
It's a big problem, because the company doesn't release any firmware and without firmware I don't think it's possible to restore the device. I'm sorry.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #38
rudi.timmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
It's a big problem, because the company doesn't release any firmware and without firmware I don't think it's possible to restore the device. I'm sorry.
I know but with a backup of the orginal one it should be possible... but anyway we will see i have already a other device
Old 02-11-2022, 03:31 AM   #39
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
I used Kingroot for a year and, despite a few issues, it worked pretty well. Then I switched to the Hisense A5. The Hisense A5 is truly on another level! Stable system optimized for e-ink screens, well-established way of rooting and installing Gapps etc. Hisense's smartphones I think are the best e-ink smartphones on the market.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:50 PM   #40
rudi.timmer

Quote:
I used Kingroot for a year and, despite a few issues, it worked pretty well. Then I switched to the Hisense A5. The Hisense A5 is truly on another level! Stable system optimized for e-ink screens, well-established way of rooting and installing Gapps etc. Hisense's smartphones I think are the best e-ink smartphones on the market.
Hi,

Ok nice i see i buyed the Kingrow from someone into Germany it was into new state, only i dont had to install this Gapps rom as it was working before, i know the Hisense A5 but to buy it when you live in Belgium is expansif becoss the high taxes here and you can not found them into Europa, i use now an Iphone with a special launcher like the LightPhone II look called Blank Spaces it's also a minimalist launcher into some way.... i'm a bit a minimal user of Smartphone you see
Old 02-12-2022, 01:43 PM   #41
rudi.timmer

Quote:
Hi,

Would you know where i can buy a Hisense A5 into europa and also shipping from the EU ?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2022, 08:13 AM   #42
underscore
Addict

Quote:
I know but with a backup of the orginal one it should be possible... but anyway we will see i have already a other device
Hi Rudi,
i still have it without gapps and work fine enough.
Never dared to touch firmware.
I suggest you to ask on this facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/473332523447020

As for another phone, would love to see an Onyx Boox one.
Also, newer Hisense phones seems to me bigger than i would like for a phone.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:41 AM   #43
rudi.timmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Hi Rudi,
i still have it without gapps and work fine enough.
Never dared to touch firmware.
I suggest you to ask on this facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/473332523447020

As for another phone, would love to see an Onyx Boox one.
Also, newer Hisense phones seems to me bigger than i would like for a phone.
Thanks i was already into this group and have post it, but no one reply it would be great if you can backup your firmware so i can try repair it with yours mebay? thanks!
Old 02-17-2022, 02:13 AM   #44
underscore
Addict

Quote:
Thanks i was already into this group and have post it, but no one reply it would be great if you can backup your firmware so i can try repair it with yours mebay? thanks!
Hi, sorry, i'm not following that closely.
I'm not sure i know how to do that, those flashing tools seems always to be windows based and my work windows laptop has usb port disabled.
If you know how to drive me from linux or osx i could try that.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:50 AM   #45
rudi.timmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Hi, sorry, i'm not following that closely.
I'm not sure i know how to do that, those flashing tools seems always to be windows based and my work windows laptop has usb port disabled.
If you know how to drive me from linux or osx i could try that.
Hi,

I send you a private message

Thanks!